Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like what he brought to the table today. Particularly in the first quarter where he was up and about. Some of his tackling and pressure was excellent too.
15 disposals, 3 tackles and 2 goals mainly as a half-forward. Still building, but you can see it.

In a team that got flogged too. Dunno how anyone can be anything but extremely encouraged by Tarryn today.
Junk-time comments by some were silly. He didn't downhill ski like some today.

His tank has noticeably improved, but still needs another preseason.

Like a few others, he was a good player when we had the ascendency.

I liked his game and reckon he'll give more even contributions with Cunners, Jed, L-Mac & Tazz back in the side.

I don’t see him as the type to drag us back into a game. That’ll be Phillips, Powell, Scott etc but TT will be there like the grim reaper ready to end a side.

Last edited:
I don’t see him as the type to drag us back into a game. That’ll be Phillips, Powell, Scott etc bit TT will be there like the grim reaper ready to end a side.

The most pleasing thing for me is that he bobbed up late, so his endurance is on the climb, and IMO, that was his biggest issue.

He was very influential for a kid with only 70% TOG.

Absolutely fine with that performance. Over the course of the year I'd expect a few which are better, and a few that are worse, but this was a good first showing. It's odd, because he clearly has hot and cold patches and I think he has a lot more scope for improving but the stats simply don't lie. If this ends up being his average for the year then he's tracking well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t understand your question.

You -
“Perfect comparison to assess Thomas’s game is Butters and Dursma. All taken in the same draft.

Have a look at the stats, time on ground and the strength of the two teams and things will be put in perspective”

Me- because their stats are very similar?

I’m asking if you think they’re comparable in their careers to date.

You -
“Perfect comparison to assess Thomas’s game is Butters and Dursma. All taken in the same draft.

Have a look at the stats, time on ground and the strength of the two teams and things will be put in perspective”

Me- because their stats are very similar?

I’m asking if you think they’re comparable in their careers to date.

Oh not necessarily to date, just today’s game.

Thomas 15 disposals and 2 goals
Butters 16 disposals and 2 goals
Dusrma 14 and 1

Thomas 70% game time in a struggling team

The other 2 80% game time in a dominant team

Puts into perspective those having a go at Thomas from today’s performance.

Oh not necessarily to date, just today’s game.

Thomas 15 disposals and 2 goals
Butters 16 disposals and 2 goals
Dusrma 14 and 1

Thomas 70% game time in a struggling team

The other 2 80% game time in a dominant team

Puts into perspective those having a go at Thomas from today’s performance.
Just don't get why anyone would be critical of him today. What we want is for him to be more consistently involved across a game and I thought he did that. Mate, if he averages 15 and 2 goals a game this year we'll all be ******* stoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back