Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down.

It was an improvement on 6-7 touches a game of 2020.

It was encouraging that he had some some center bounces and was around the midfield more.

He still needs to get more of the ball, but it's encouraging signs.

I'm calm thanks.

For his age and our first real game back he was fantastic in intensity and could have kicked 3.

If you think otherwise good for you.

This week Thomas should be the guy they're looking for. Play him deeper and let Zurhaar earn back some respect with a manic pressure game and putting some km on the odometer by working up the field.
If Cam wants the high profile, if he wants to live that life, I believe his reality will be fast tracked if he does not ditch those s**t house pink boots and put his head over the ball. Also Mr Young Zurhaar, if you dont fulfil your potential, you’ll always be a has been or a never was. Think about it son, think about your washed up Instagram career vs your AFL potential

Not sure suits him. I'd keep using as Noble has as he is silk - our skills really don't suit fwds.

When his tank is ready I'd play him in the midfield then forward Martin like.
I’d give Bonar the Bont role, as I think it’ll be a good match up... Bonar had the size and strength to run with those types and I’d love for him to make it his own.

I’d give it to TT as a learning experience, as I think the Bont would be a good model of how he plays. I don’t think TT will ever be the power house like Martin..

I’d give Bonar the Bont role, as I think it’ll be a good match up... Bonar had the size and strength to run with those types and I’d love for him to make it his own.

I’d give it to TT as a learning experience, as I think the Bont would be a good model of how he plays. I don’t think TT will ever be the power house like Martin..

Happy with Bonar call - fine by me as their mids will get 1 million touches if left alone.

TT will never be Martin. I just meant dangerous in mid and fwd - he can play tall or short and we need TT involved not stuck on a deserted flank like previous.

Calm down.

It was an improvement on 6-7 touches a game of 2020.

It was encouraging that he had some some center bounces and was around the midfield more.

He still needs to get more of the ball, but it's encouraging signs.
He has had more possessions in his first two games this year than he did in the first four last year and kicked as many goals.

In those four games last year he had 17 tackles but has only had four in two games this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomas needs to go across half back ASAP. He has the football IQ, the damaging foot skills and the pace required to play this crucial position. We are in no place to let this guy meander away in the forward line for 6 possessions per game, it will do him absolutely no good and we will never see the player this guy could become.

Aside from obvious personal benefits this would bring, think about our current back line. Who do you want kicking the ball? We have now 4 players who make it as quality stoppers with absolute 0 confidence in their foot skills ( Bonar, McKay, Young and Corr). Ziebell (and hopefully Tarrant) have the ability to hit majority of targets but only the former has the freedom to do so. Make it happen nobes, I can't accept continue watching this guy hardly impact a contest.

Thomas needs to go across half back ASAP. He has the football IQ, the damaging foot skills and the pace required to play this crucial position. We are in no place to let this guy meander away in the forward line for 6 possessions per game, it will do him absolutely no good and we will never see the player this guy could become.

Aside from obvious personal benefits this would bring, think about our current back line. Who do you want kicking the ball? We have now 4 players who make it as quality stoppers with absolute 0 confidence in their foot skills ( Bonar, McKay, Young and Corr). Ziebell (and hopefully Tarrant) have the ability to hit majority of targets but only the former has the freedom to do so. Make it happen nobes, I can't accept continue watching this guy hardly impact a contest.

I agree with the principal of pushing Thomas back or somewhere more active , but Corr and Young were drafter for their good kicking.

I would swap him with Atley

Yeah in exchange for ziebs gpong forward.

With our best team available I’d go

Lmac taz corr
Young bmac Thomas
Bonar on the bench

I agree with the principal of pushing Thomas back or somewhere more active , but Corr and Young were drafter for their good kicking.

I would swap him with Atley
With Corr and Young, pretty decent intercept and brave defenders, but solid kicking at very best.

We've already started to struggle to get out of our backline, and with less of an aerial threat than ever, its time to get creative.

With Corr and Young, pretty decent intercept and brave defenders, but solid kicking at very best.

We've already started to struggle to get out of our backline, and with less of an aerial threat than ever, its time to get creative.

We have had Tarrant, Corr, Bonar, LMac and Kyron all out - of course we are struggling!

it’s an unmitigated shambles

Bo

Bonar is a good kick.

Yep if we are going to be this shithouse (and yes we have injuries) no point him being up fwd and out of the play.

Move him back and see what he shows.

Simply have to keep a player with his talent involved to keep learning.

If game is going our way sure he can play fwd but we need to change up far quicker imo when opposition get a run on.

Yep if we are going to be this shithouse (and yes we have injuries) no point him being up fwd and out of the play.

Move him back and see what he shows.

Simply have to keep a player with his talent involved to keep learning.

If game is going our way sure he can play fwd but we need to change up far quicker imo when opposition get a run on.
How would playing him back do anything for him or the team? Want him to be smashed and do a knee? Keep him forward or possibly flirt with him on the wing. He should be a lead up option at centre wing.

How would playing him back do anything for him or the team? Want him to be smashed and do a knee? Keep him forward or possibly flirt with him on the wing. He should be a lead up option at centre wing.

Why is injuring a knee a certainty of playing back? I'm not saying as a key.

How about he plays a rebounding, spare role as the extra back and see how he goes?

This year should be about sticking to a game plan that Noble wants but I have no issue trying players in various positions to experiment.

Why is injuring a knee a certainty of playing back? I'm not saying as a key.

How about he plays a rebounding, spare role as the extra back and see how he goes?

This year should be about sticking to a game plan that Noble wants but I have no issue trying players in various positions to experiment.
Where do you want him to play his career? As a defender? If he isnt getting his hands on the footy, would he not be best thrown back into the scoobies to work on his craft? 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back