Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half back for me as well.
HB line of Goater, Logue, Thomas is very exciting
I hope that by 2024 Goater and TT have the tanks to be on the wings, and then they stay there creating havoc for the next decade.
But for 2023 I think you're spot on.
That's a killer half back line.

I hope that by 2024 Goater and TT have the tanks to be on the wings, and then they stay there creating havoc for the next decade.
But for 2023 I think you're spot on.
That's a killer half back line.
I’ve always seen Tarryn Thomas like Andrew McLeod in that I think he can play anywhere. I’d make his main role at half back though and potentially move him around in important games as he’s a match winner

Half back for me as well.
HB line of Goater, Logue, Thomas is very exciting
Pretty sure I heard Brady mention they expect him to play in the forward half with bursts through the middle. Don't mind that as it'd give him a chance to kick a few goals while he works his way up to primarily midfield minutes.

I dated a girl with lots of tattoos and two kids for nearly five years... She is one of the smartest people I've ever met in my whole life. Y'all need to

R E L A X
So Tarryn is dating your missus?.. and your ok with this NL?..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has all the tools to make it off half back, including the required mongrel to be able to defend his man.

However forward half he is so so dangerous, that Carlton game in '21 can't be forgotten. Is easily our best shot streaming into F50.

TT getting the ball 20 times a game has to be the goal.

I’ve always seen Tarryn Thomas like Andrew McLeod in that I think he can play anywhere. I’d make his main role at half back though and potentially move him around in important games as he’s a match winner
We’ve been saying this for the past two years but the “you don’t park a Ferrari in a rundown garage crowd” say otherwise.

His sublime skills and tackling presssure is EXACTLY what we need behind the ball and streaming out of defence, instead he’s been wasted on a HFF..

Clarko will get it.

Has all the tools to make it off half back, including the required mongrel to be able to defend his man.

However forward half he is so so dangerous, that Carlton game in '21 can't be forgotten. Is easily our best shot streaming into F50.

Thing I like about TT playing hbf, is he has a long kick for goal, means teams have to really defend 70m because he gets the ball on the run he could either hit up a target or boom it through.
We get a couple of players that can do it and the forward line opens up.

Thing I like about TT playing hbf, is he has a long kick for goal, means teams have to really defend 70m because he gets the ball on the run he could either hit up a target or boom it through.
The difference is if he is getting it 20 times off HBF he is putting us in a good position to win. If he is getting it 20 times in the forward half he will completely take over the game.

I’d hoped Polec would be hitting that regularly for us, and totally agree with TT being Uber damaging in that role.

To add on, he’s got brilliant closing speed and lengthy arms, reach and leap, he’ll disrupt and spoil plenty of opposition advances and give the rest of the boys time to get back and set up.

af94c65e-fbf9-4507-ad32-c306f5692258_text.gif

TT talking to himself in the mirror.

He doesn’t need to get the pill 20 times a game. Not if he impacts the game with every disposal he has, which he has the ability to do. He could be 12-15 possession player and be a match winner.

For example, Cyril averaged around the 15 possessions a game. Everything he did was x factor. I think thats where Tarryn needs to be, not off half back, not on the ball, simply as a half forward or forward of centre player. Any other view on where Tarryns best asset is as a footballer is simply wrong.

He doesn’t need to get the pill 20 times a game. Not if he impacts the game with every disposal he has, which he has the ability to do. He could be 12-15 possession player and be a match winner.

For example, Cyril averaged around the 15 possessions a game. Everything he did was x factor. I think thats where Tarryn needs to be, not off half back, not on the ball, simply as a half forward or forward of centre player. Any other view on where Tarryns best asset is as a footballer is simply wrong.

I was of the same opinion heading into this season, but because it was such a below standard season for him (obviously has excuse) I think getting him behind the ball, giving him the footy as much as possible to build him up, and then, once his confidence is high, move him into the middle and forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back