Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW Congrats Tarryn. We all knew it was only a matter of time.

BTW he has the perfect name for footy.

CAAAAARRRN TAAARRN!!!!

Carn't wait to yell that a few times. Till I get kicked out for making too much noise.

Great work TT..... Also makes me laugh when Matty Lloyd on footy classified in the week before the Carlton game claimed Blues had about 10 young potential AA players and we had 1 (LDU). Stick it up them boys.

LDU doesn't have one yet and most of the others do.

Nice work LLoydy.

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I actually don't mind Lloyd as much as others. Apparently a nice fella too.
He speaks his mind and creates some interest, rightly or (more) wrongly, and i respect that.

Last edited:

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As for Thomas.

Massive congratulations! Was only a matter of time and yet awarded in a game you mightn't expect.

Ps; Now LDU can you please practice with a wet ball or remove vasoline from your hands before a game of footy, and you'll get a Rising Star soon also.

North Melbourne young gun Tarryn Thomas earns Round 12 Rising Star nomination
June 11, 2019 6:21am

CHRIS CAVANAGHHerald Sun
North Melbourne’s Tarryn Thomas has settled into Melbourne just fine.

There are only two things getting on his nerves about life in the big smoke — traffic and parking fines.

The former Tasmanian got his licence at the end of pre-season but his new-found freedom has been a cause of frustration ever since.

Commuting to the Kangaroos’ Arden Street headquarters is one challenge and finding a parking spot valid for more than two hours nearby an even bigger headache.

Tarryn Thomas shows off his athleticism. Pic: AAP
“I’ve got heaps of parking fines,” Thomas said.

“So that’s probably my biggest hate. And traffic. I have to leave at a certain time so I don’t get stuck in traffic.”

Heaps of parking fines? How many?

“I think I had two in the first two weeks and then I got a couple last month so I’m probably up to seven (this year),” Thomas said.

“I got a $160 one, one time. I wasn’t happy.”

Finding a spot on the football field has been an easier task for Thomas, who has missed just one game since making a Round 2 AFL debut.

A two-goal performance against Gold Coast Suns last weekend earnt the 19-year-old the Round 12 NAB Rising Star nomination, becoming the third Kangaroo to salute this season after Bailey Scott (Round 1) and Cameron Zurhaar (Round 7).

Thomas starred against the Suns. Pic: Getty Images
“When I got drafted to North everyone got around me and all the other draftees,” Thomas said.

“So it’s been an easy transition. And then playing the pre-season games helped me a fair bit and I’m playing AFL now so I’m pretty honoured and privileged.”

Thomas, who is living with teammate Aaron Hall, has primarily played in a forward role thus far but was drafted as a midfielder and hopes to one day grow into that role at the top level.

“We’ve got a good forwards group and we’re pretty close,” Thomas said.

“I’ve got a good relationship with everyone and big Benny (Brown) down there, he’s helping me a fair bit with all the other forwards. So it’s good.

“I have to get bigger and stronger but that (pushing into the midfield) is probably my long-term goal and hopefully I can do it in the next couple of years.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As previous he has cut his teeth playing against men.

So size or getting hurt doesn't worry him unlike school types (I'd say LDU is one not used to being weaker than opposition - he is developing that).

It shouldn't be underestimated. North Launceston has some good players.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He'll be better than Shaun Burgoyne.

I'm encouraged that his sharp jump in size & condition over the course of a single pre-season can see him arrive on the scene relatively early.

X factor oozes out of every pore in his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back