Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Given the quality of his possessions (5% cleaner and half the clangers of rozee), if he builds a tank and gets to more contests then look out. the damage he could do with say 5 more positions a game on average would be immense. compared to Rozee it would appear that Taryyn has a little more room to rise to. Rozee has pretty insane numbers atm, one would think he is possibly playing closer to his ceiling already? regardless Walsh, Rozee and Thomas are all going to be stars.

38f97c93-6fac-4070-a37d-89621420f0ac.png

They are all kids in their first year.

All this talk about "ceilings" is ridiculous. God forbid - Thomas could be another Gary Rohan and is already at his peak...

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne

All this talk about "ceilings" is ridiculous. God forbid - Thomas could be another Gary Rohan and is already at his peak...
You are so right mate or this higher ceiling stuff is so hit and miss it should not even be a talking point. What actually do people mean when they say player x has a higher ceiling than player y in what context do they mean. All players mature differently some faster some slower some not at all so to try and predict some ones ceiling is virtually impossible and ceiling is not the right word potential maybe.

I concede Thomas has already produced Gary Rohan stats in 10minutes of footy.

But just pointing out that talented rookies can go to **** pretty quickly.

That’s pretty boring though compared to dreaming of the next Carey;)

I think North has had enough of the crap version for us to all know that it can go wrong in a hurry;)

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
I concede Thomas has already produced Gary Rohan stats in 10minutes of footy.

But just pointing out that talented rookies can go to **** pretty quickly.

Dunstall and Riewoldt (a surprisingly good special comments man if you can tolerate his voice) made the point on the broadcast that with young players, you judge how they do things rather than how much they do things, as an indicator of how good they might be.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The crumb is a thing of beauty but then watch as he presses ‘PAUSE”; the play opens up in front of him and then ‘bang’ pings it to s teammate . I think it was ultimately taken over iirc but nice work!!!

Yeah that was class. I reckon he deliberately kicked it off the side of his boot to Goldys advantage, just didn’t quite hit it sweetly and Goldy didn’t realise he could put it there.

Rohan is having his best year this year. By miles. He could improve a bit more over the next couple of years as well.

Thomas isn't a typical first year kid either. He's used to playing senior footy but he will improve as he develops the physical stuff he needs to play at that level. He'd still be at least 2 pre seasons off his best physical shape.

Dunstall and Riewoldt (a surprisingly good special comments man if you can tolerate his voice) made the point on the broadcast that with young players, you judge how they do things rather than how much they do things, as an indicator of how good they might be.

King Corey made exactly the same comment about Cam Zurhaar after his first game or two. Said Z was gonna be a star and cited that very reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't hard for him, he should've left Sydney years ago, he was completely misused and overshadowed by Franklin.

Yeah I agree. Hawkins isn't anywhere near as mobile or athletic as Franklin so i think Rohan is more useful and provides more options in that forward line which helps.

I had a look at his stats and he's averaging half a goal more more than his best previous seasons per game, nearly a goal more than most seasons and taking nearly one and a half contested marks a game instead of less than half that usually. His best year for marks inside 50 too. Tho he had a couple as good (0.01% less) or nearly as good at the Swans. Not much different in any other stats but those ones mean a fair bit if you are a medium forward like him.

He's not doing a whole lot more but the results he's getting are much better.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Loved his first qtr but we disappointed that he went out of it after that. Only 4 touches from qtr time but expected of a youngster. Her really knows how to use it and its very explosive

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Loved his first qtr but we disappointed that he went out of it after that. Only 4 touches from qtr time but expected of a youngster. Her really knows how to use it and its very explosive
Yep amazing first quarter and the kid has so much upside, he is going to be a superstar, but he won't be getting the rising star nom this week due to the fact that he fizzed out of the game after quarter time.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You are so right mate or this higher ceiling stuff is so hit and miss it should not even be a talking point. .
To clarify, i was pretty much simply using the term to suggest given the quality of TTs usage that he may become a very dangerous player compared to other draftees of the same year, feel free to replace the term ceiling with whatever makes you more comfortable.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne