Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of you may or may not remember that i saw quite a bit of thomas as a junior and didnt rate him pre draft. when we drafted him, i backed him in and didnt say a negative word after that. i might as well put this on the record now though.

i promise you that tarryn thomas will not become a star player. he is FAR from a certainty to become an above average player. in 5 years time he could very well be out of the league or struggling and pretty much the same player he is today, which is the same player he was in his last 3 years as a junior save for a 2-3 game purple patch in an extremely low standard div 2 carnival.

sorry for the rare negative post but so many people are so wrong about this guy.

some of you may or may not remember that i saw quite a bit of thomas as a junior and didnt rate him pre draft. when we drafted him, i backed him in and didnt say a negative word after that. i might as well put this on the record now though.

i promise you that tarryn thomas will not become a star player. he is FAR from a certainty to become an above average player. in 5 years time he could very well be out of the league or struggling and pretty much the same player he is today, which is the same player he was in his last 3 years as a junior save for a 2-3 game purple patch in an extremely low standard div 2 carnival.

sorry for the rare negative post but so many people are so wrong about this guy.

Lacking that " killer " instinct ?

This really hurts us if it turns out to be accurate. We put a lot of eggs in this basket and there's great expectation he and the young brigade will lead us out of the wilderness. I was perplexed when he seemed to be trying to have a laugh with Cunners on the bench last week - i know it's only a very small snapshot in time but it's not a good look and luckily Cunners didn't want a bar of it. He's only young some has has time to mature physically and mentally.

Bit opportunistic after a fortnight of a concussion, an ankle complaint and moving to a hub.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find this summation difficult to believe.
The kid is highly talented as we have seen in cameos over the last two seasons.

An ability to nail goals in crucial situations that most of our 200 gamers would miss.

We'll built athletic frame.

Unbelievable peripheral vision and awareness, a skill that cannot be taught, but gifted.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

well actually i said all that before we even drafted him. it wasnt even about last night, although there were more bad signs. bookmark the post but dont worry, im not going to be one of those posters that go on and on about it.

well actually i said all that before we even drafted him. it wasnt even about last night, although there were more bad signs. bookmark the post but dont worry, im not going to be one of those posters that go on and on about it.
So you're saying she is like another Schache? Why would our whole recruiting department be so fond of him then pre draft, and why did other teams bid on him too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find this summation difficult to believe.
The kid is highly talented as we have seen in cameos over the last two seasons.

An ability to nail goals in crucial situations that most of our 200 gamers would miss.

We'll built athletic frame.

Unbelievable peripheral vision and awareness, a skill that cannot be taught, but gifted.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah not sure what the issues are apart from some consistency. He looks to have a bag full of tricks, we just need to get the ball in his hands more.

Classic BigFooty, this.

1. Set an arbitrary standard that only you get to decide if it's reached (star, above average).

2. Throw in some outclauses, just in case ("may", "far from a certainty", "could be").

3. "I'm not usually negative!"

4. "I've been watching him for longer than you", therefore I'm right.

5. Bonus points for the target being a kid with fewer than 30 games.

6. Extra bonus points for being negative after two injury games in a row, and not after a good game.

Well played, sir.

Just out of interest, due you feel it's work ethic, immaturity or some other reason?

How many times do we need to say this, put him onball, he is a contest beast, get him to play that role. Put Bonar in there as well, back these players in. Go look at Malthouse, he backed his young player. We need to back the young players. We are not going to win many this year so at the very least let’s Lay the foundation for The midfield we need next decade this year. Sure, we will lose all the matches, but we must ensure it’s the young players who learn around the losses and gain experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back