Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was humbled by the contest. Sydney ramped up the heat and he was found wanting.

Will be better for it but I remember his hands against the dogs last year we’re so clean and that’s all but deserted him in 2020. Needs to get it together soon.

I've come to really enjoy his commentary, the bloke knows what he's talking about and I'd rate him second to Duck also, he also seems to really enjoy watching North games and has a lot to point out to the nuffies who don't rate our list or recognize the talent.

I hate listening to Derm.

The footy is secondary to him getting his opinion across.

If he has point, he will push it, no matter what happens in the game. And he just keeps repeating things to try and validate himself.

So annoying.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hate listening to Derm.

The footy is secondary to him getting his opinion across.

If he has point, he will push it, no matter what happens in the game. And he just keeps repeating things to try and validate himself.

So annoying.
This is exactly why I love listening to Derm.... the infuriating focus on some irrelevant little detail or banging on about his latest pet theory...plus the knowledge that all around Australia people are quite literally tearing their hair out at how annoying he is. Consistently grinding gears across the entire nation. He's the sort of person you invite to a party just to give your friends a laugh about what a tool he is......

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is exactly why I love listening to Derm.... the infuriating focus on some irrelevant little detail or banging on about his latest pet theory...plus the knowledge that all around Australia people are quite literally tearing their hair out at how annoying he is. Consistently grinding gears across the entire nation. He's the sort of person you invite to a party just to give your friends a laugh about what a tool he is......
And if you've never been to a party with that guy then that guy was you.

I would love it if someone produced an app where you can choose different commentators to have muted.

BT, Derm & ... Actually, it would be pretty quiet.

Being able to mute the canned crowd would be good too.

I’d just have the sound of the game.

Have you ever tried watching matches with the volume turned off? I stream the matches on my laptop through WatchAFL, and they're often played at 2 or 3 am here, so sometimes I just get tired of the commentators' voices strangling into my earbuds, and I'll just turn the sound off. (Oddly, haven't done it as much since Lindsay left. Gee, I wonder why...) It's weird, but when you watch with the sound off, it's almost like you see the game better. Well, for me at least.

Anyways, I hear (!) you. A "Sounds of the Game" app with nothing else would be a cool option to have.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I think he was humbled by the contest. Sydney ramped up the heat and he was found wanting.

Will be better for it but I remember his hands against the dogs last year we’re so clean and that’s all but deserted him in 2020. Needs to get it together soon.

That's a good summary of a fair chunk of our team.

After the 2nd half vs saints and then the GWS game, with a sprinkling of some bruising 2019 wins still in the memory bank maybe a few of them started thinking they could just turn up and rough up the other side and get the win.

We ran into a team who love them or hate them have excelled in bringing effort, discipline and physicality every week for the better part of 15 years.

Have you ever tried watching matches with the volume turned off? I stream the matches on my laptop through WatchAFL, and they're often played at 2 or 3 am here, so sometimes I just get tired of the commentators' voices strangling into my earbuds, and I'll just turn the sound off. (Oddly, haven't done it as much since Lindsay left. Gee, I wonder why...) It's weird, but when you watch with the sound off, it's almost like you see the game better. Well, for me at least.

Anyways, I hear (!) you. A "Sounds of the Game" app with nothing else would be a cool option to have.
I turn the sound off and watch muted all the time.

Used to good to watch and sync the radio. With digital, you can't as there's differing delays.

I still take an analogue radio to the games (going to games, remember that?) and listen in real time. Adds so much to understanding what's going on if you have good commentators. With binoculars, can't beat it for observing what's happening on the field. I miss that with Iso.

I turn the sound off and watch muted all the time.

Used to good to watch and sync the radio. With digital, you can't as there's differing delays.

I still take an analogue radio to the games (going to games, remember that?) and listen in real time. Adds so much to understanding what's going on if you have good commentators. With binoculars, can't beat it for observing what's happening on the field. I miss that with Iso.

I was exactly the same when at the game, radio in one ear and binoculars to view it (. You see so much more )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oakleigh Roo

Debutant
Dec 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bit of a lazy fu*ker but easily our most talented player. I seemed to recall there were some off field worries about him when he was in his draft year. Something about him moving out with some shadey characters. Hope he has the fire in the belly to be the best he can be. Because on talent alone he’s up with with the best.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Bit of a lazy fu*ker but easily our most talented player. I seemed to recall there were some off field worries about him when he was in his draft year. Something about him moving out with some shadey characters. Hope he has the fire in the belly to be the best he can be. Because on talent alone he’s up with with the best.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Looks like 2nd yr blues for the smooth mover.

Apart from the odd freak goal he’s rarely sighted in some games.

We desperately need him, LDU, Walker, Perez and Comben to ‘come-on’ with Jy, Z and Curtis for us to set up a dynasty in years to come.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He needs to give us more...........but jesus...........that 50 meter left foot snap............how many players could pull that off?

I hope they don't coach that out of him.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
He needs to give us more...........but jesus...........that 50 meter left foot snap............how many players could pull that off?

I hope they don't coach that out of him.
Rhyce has preached brutality in defence and flair in attack, so I'm optimistic he won't.

Unlike Curtis, I think he gets a bit lost at hf. Middle or deep forward is his go.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
The third deep forward should not be Ziebell, it should not be Wood.

It should be Thomas.

If he needs to move up the ground, the third forward should then be Taylor, who is also a tough one on one matchup given his ability overhead.

I'd love to see Shaw try him out as the deepest forward from the goal square also.

The third deep forward should not be Ziebell, it should not be Wood.

It should be Thomas.

If he needs to move up the ground, the third forward should then be Taylor, who is also a tough one on one matchup given his ability overhead.

I'd love to see Shaw try him out as the deepest forward from the goal square also.
Spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back