Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Tarryn could channel that 5 mins of play into even just a half of football, he'd be easily elite.

The fact that he can switch on and turn a game on its head like that is an extremely rare quality a player can possess.

And if you ask me we have a couple of those types that can drag us to a finish kicking and screaming
- Thomas
- Curtis Taylor
- Jy Simpkin (Fantastic last quarter was proof of it)
- LDU (Is known to drag a side over the line from the middle in his junior years in finals)

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The third deep forward should not be Ziebell, it should not be Wood.

It should be Thomas.

If he needs to move up the ground, the third forward should then be Taylor, who is also a tough one on one matchup given his ability overhead.

I'd love to see Shaw try him out as the deepest forward from the goal square also.

100%.

It just recently clicked who TT reminds me of.

Another indigenous player, almost the same size. TT might end up a few kgs lighter that is all.

Michael O'Loughlin.

If anyone has already picked this I can really see where you are coming from too.

I can see him dominating one out in the square. You'd hate to play against him. He's strong, can jump, move, isn't slow (tho maybe isn't as lightning fast) and has the bullshit kicking skills the likes of Mickey O and Polec have. It's a nightmare match up.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS

Another indigenous player, almost the same size. TT might end up a few kgs lighter that is all.

Michael O'Loughlin.

If anyone has already picked this I can really see where you are coming from too.

I can see him dominating one out in the square. You'd hate to play against him. He's strong, can jump, move, isn't slow (tho maybe isn't as lightning fast) and has the bullshit kicking skills the likes of Mickey O and Polec have. It's a nightmare match up.

I can see it. I think he’ll be better through the midfield though. I think Sunday showed his current role shoukd be mainly forward.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Michael O'Loughlin.

Can’t remember who wrote it but I like the Bont comparison. Not necessarily the style but similar as in good on the ground and in the air, goal threat and can have impact without needing to get a heap of the ball. Though I think Bont was already a star by the time he was TT’s age

I can see it. I think he’ll be better through the midfield though. I think Sunday showed his current role shoukd be mainly forward.
Yeah. He's definitely more of a round the ground player than Mickey O was.

Gee they move similarly tho. I watched a highlights video, cos he's one player I'd forgotten about in all this comparison stuff, and some of it was eerily alike.

I don't se the Bont comparison as much Val. I always think back to that goal against the Dogs last year. He made Bont look slow and clumsy IMO. Even around the ball they shape up to it similarly. Bont uses his size and weight more as a bigger mid. TT still plays like he learned to play - he is subtle and evasive (tho tough as well) probably cos he spent so much time playing as a kid against much bigger men.

I reckon Bont was always able to use his size to his advantage, whereas with TT he had to learn to play against bigger sized players and that was not an option. So they approach the ball and the contest differently.

Although TT is a great mark, reminds me of Scholl actually, he is also able to play small and move thru and out of traffic as well. Same with O'Loughlin. Could play that smaller, evasive forward role even tho he was 190+ and a great marking target as well.

I think if Jack is out for a while TT might go a bit crazy early in a game and kick three or more goals in a quarter. We pumped his tyres up a fair bit in the lead up to this season, clubs would be aware of him and hopefully about now they are thinking it's mostly hype.

I’m no doctor but I reckon he’ll be fine. Was talking sh*t in the bench. A bad concussion will have you throwing up and talking nonsense.

Val, yeah I was happy to see him talking to Cunners, hope he picked his brains about getting the ball out of packs cleanly

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure why he was sitting on the bench with a stupid smile on his face while we were getting slaughtered on the field. Any time I've had to sit out through injury and watch a team I've been part of get beat like that I've found it incredibly frustrating.

Don't want to read too much into it but seems to be coasting by a bit this year.

Jesus Christ. Do you want him to sit there crying?

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Deleted my post soon after but should have left it.

Chalk and cheese. Cunnington clearly affected by the fact we're getting belted and he can't help while Tarryn having a laugh and doesn't seem to phased

Tarryn might have been a bit out of it. Or maybe that’s just how he’s wired.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Deleted my post soon after but should have left it.

Chalk and cheese. Cunnington clearly affected by the fact we're getting belted and he can't help while Tarryn having a laugh and doesn't seem to phased

I don’t think it’s through lack of caring but I’m not in his head

Telling Cunners how much Richmond are paying him in 2021 and beyond 🙂

or saying

“Those Tigers bigfooty guys think I’m not as good as Stack and would only cost a 3rd”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back