Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly as far as injuries go a 1 week dislocated finger is probably about as good as you're going to get in terms of not impacting the rest of the season.

Hope he's back ASAP as he's an important part of our team.

If there's any doubt McKernan gets another week. Should get the job v lions at home without him. If we can't manage that then we are no good.
Dear god no. Let's not prolong the torture of having that spud play for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like we aren't kicking it to him enough but kicking to Green all day.

Spot on. We aren't looking for him as a go to. I remember at least two times Hooker was one out in space on the goal line and the player with the ball opted to bomb from outside 50 rather than pass to him. I haven't seen it mentioned, but Watson elected to have a shot from outside 50 in the last quarter when Hooker was one out in space against Daniel Rich. Almost certain mark on the goal line to Hooker if he set it up. This is just one example but there were several others.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-20/hungry-bombers-dare-to-dream-says-hooker

"ESSENDON forward Cale Hooker says this year's Bombers are the "hungriest" side he has ever been a part of and can "dare to dream" of premiership success.

Since a shock loss to the Brisbane Lions in round 15, Essendon has responded with two strong wins over Collingwood and St Kilda, highlighting how dangerous the side's best football can be.

"I think it's definitely the hungriest I've seen a group since I've been at Essendon, and that really excites me, because guys are so keen to improve and willing to learn and get better, and that's only going to hold us in good stead," Hooker said."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back