Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Kakkle...is there bleeding involved?...probably should have googled it. And did it happen in his last game?...was there a noticieable impact in a contest?

Basically a combination of blood/fluid building up in & around the bone. I've had it once, it's not fun.

Unsure on what actually happened with Hooker though :/

At least now he can do rehab without having to push himself to be available for a match.
8-9 weeks to recover now before preseason training starts.

Does Hooker go back now that the Package has been delivered?
No because we don't intend to use Stringer as a deep forward. He is training with the mids and as such will only be a part time forward. If he fails as a mid i still don't think they will play him deep. He has a history of laziness so they will want him getting up the ground as much as possible.
I called a 100 goals between JD and Hooker at the start of last season and that came about through a symbiotic relationship. They are the perfect foil for one another and i expect Hooker to go to another level this year now that he has settled in. We really didn't see his power marking on display that much last season, but i don't see him being down for long.
130 goals between JD and Hooker next year. You saw it here first!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No because we don't intend to use Stringer as a deep forward. He is training with the mids and as such will only be a part time forward. If he fails as a mid i still don't think they will play him deep. He has a history of laziness so they will want him getting up the ground as much as possible.
I called a 100 goals between JD and Hooker at the start of last season and that came about through a symbiotic relationship. They are the perfect foil for one another and i expect Hooker to go to another level this year now that he has settled in. We really didn't see his power marking on display that much last season, but i don't see him being down for long.
130 goals between JD and Hooker next year. You saw it here first!

Agree 150% for the first time since Lloyd and Lucas or forward line looked functional for most of the year.
I see Stringer as being 70/30 forward/mid to start off with. Most likely taking the Corgi / Laverde spot. With rotations all 4 of Joe , Jake, Hooks and Stewart are most likely not going to on the ground at any given time. Hooker gives us the contested marking option and should be better having this season under his belt. Joe is Joe. Stewart is more a quicker tall who may not be as good in the contested side of things but plays like a smaller forward roving goals and his pressure is good.
Hooker can kick 50 plus if he gets a better run over pre season and having played a full season in the role. We have enough defensive coverage.

Agree 150% for the first time since Lloyd and Lucas or forward line looked functional for most of the year.
I see Stringer as being 70/30 forward/mid to start off with. Most likely taking the Corgi / Laverde spot. With rotations all 4 of Joe , Jake, Hooks and Stewart are most likely not going to on the ground at any given time. Hooker gives us the contested marking option and should be better having this season under his belt. Joe is Joe. Stewart is more a quicker tall who may not be as good in the contested side of things but plays like a smaller forward roving goals and his pressure is good.
Hooker can kick 50 plus if he gets a better run over pre season and having played a full season in the role. We have enough defensive coverage.

I reckon Stewartā€™s marking is underrated.

Essendon great Tim Watson believes Cale Hooker will spend time in defence next season, despite becoming a force at centre half forward.
--------------
ā€œI think heā€™ll go back at some stage,ā€ he told SEN Breakfast.

ā€œLast season they went against the modern set-up a bit by playing three talls in Joe Daniher, Hooker and James Stewart.

ā€œYou can build a fowardline around someone like Joe Daniher.ā€

Remove this Banner Ad

Back