Remove this Banner Ad

QT

Premiership Player
Suspended
Dec 14, 2000
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Just heard on the radio, 27 000 ppl is the attendance. On a beautiful night, and your team in form, thats a shocker!

I know yous have won the game easily but wouldnt you expect more than that?

------------------
"I came here to win, I am a winner" - Denzel Washington , Remember The Titans ; 2000

• Banned
Great Excuse man!

That reply simply shows you dont have a come-back!

Im not putting ya club down, im asking why so few ppl?

------------------
"I came here to win, I am a winner" - Denzel Washington , Remember The Titans ; 2000

Originally posted by QT:
Just heard on the radio, 27 000 ppl is the attendance. On a beautiful night, and your team in form, thats a shocker!

I know yous have won the game easily but wouldnt you expect more than that?

Instead of worrying about our crowd (as all crows supporters seem to do) you should worry about the crows being 14th on the ladder at the moment with only 1 win on the board which was lucky at that.

It wasnt a beautiful night. It was about 8 degrees for a start...it was blowing a gale, and also there was a chance of rain tonight (it rained for about 20 minutes before the game)...far from beautiful. It was ****ing freezing in fact!
Anyway, i dont care how many supporters show up...who gives a toss...we are winning, thats more important than bloody crowd figures.

Who cares about the crowd?? Macca, you're the one usually bringing up the crowd figures, gee, only 35,000 to a wet wintry Crows game where we're down on form and you get 27,000 to a game on a cold but dry night. Now I know you hate hypocrites so don't tell me you don't care about crowd figures.....
If you can give it you better be able to take it Macca.

Thought Port didn't have band wagon supporters by the way.... Then again, Port are so desperate for more people to come to their game they'll take whoever they can get, right Danger??

• Banned
Ant you are a genius!!!

Anyway we both won so lets yea......CELEBRATE
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by ant:
Who cares about the crowd?? Macca, you're the one usually bringing up the crowd figures, gee, only 35,000 to a wet wintry Crows game where we're down on form and you get 27,000 to a game on a cold but dry night. Now I know you hate hypocrites so don't tell me you don't care about crowd figures.....
If you can give it you better be able to take it Macca.

Thought Port didn't have band wagon supporters by the way.... Then again, Port are so desperate for more people to come to their game they'll take whoever they can get, right Danger??

Ant...again, We get told all about our crowd all the time, how its small and how people dont show up...even tho Adelaide supporters are just as bad with not showing up. I personally dont give a s**t about crowd figures...yet whenever there is a port home game, it doesnt matter hte result, all crows fans talk about is our crowd figure.
If you ask me, if im the only one there thats a good thing..it wont take 40 minutes to get out the carpark. I mention crows crowd all the time, as it is similar drop off to ports and im defending my club Ant

• Banned
Is footy DYING in SA???
frown.gif

biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by QT:
Is footy DYING in SA???
frown.gif

biggrin.gif

Could be....SANFL crowds have got bigger while AFL crowds have got smaller. Fair enough as well when you can see a proper game of tough footy with nearly just as good skills for $2....instead of seeing a waterd down umpire controlled version for $22

Originally posted by QT:
Great Excuse man!

That reply simply shows you dont have a come-back!

Im not putting ya club down, im asking why so few ppl?

It seems that around 27,000 is Port's core attendance figure. We'll get more against sides like Essendon and Carlton and probably less against Freo, Melbourne, etc. We'd like it to be more, but that will take time.

If Port keep playing like they are now, and if the C-words continue to struggle, their theatre goer followers will soon vote with their feet. We'll happily accept their money.

Originally posted by Grave Danger:
It seems that around 27,000 is Port's core attendance figure. We'll get more against sides like Essendon and Carlton and probably less against Freo, Melbourne, etc. We'd like it to be more, but that will take time.

If Port keep playing like they are now, and if the C-words continue to struggle, their theatre goer followers will soon vote with their feet. We'll happily accept their money.

Why do you always compare the Crows and Port?I thought you port fans hate it when the crows and port are compared!!
confused.gif

------------------

Originally posted by QT:

Why do you always compare the Crows and Port?I thought you port fans hate it when the crows and port are compared!!
confused.gif

Why do Crows fans always bring up our crowd figure whenever Port win?

Originally posted by Macca19:
Why do Crows fans always bring up our crowd figure whenever Port win?

Macca, I was only backing up QT, cause I know you made a point of our crowd at the last home game. Another Port fan also mentioned the fact there was just 5000 to our practice match against the Eagles earlier. Personally I couldn't care about the crowd figures as well Macca, there are many factors that can affect it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SANFL crowds have got bigger while AFL crowds have got smaller.

Thats because the COWS supporters have jumped of the bandwagon, but they will be back on this week, wait and listen to the s**t that KG dribbles this week.
You have to remember that Port supporters have been following football for longer than ten years, not like the COWS supporters who have only ever followed football since the COWS inception and it has become a socialite event for the rich and famous w***ers in Adelaide to be there. :p

PS: I have never seen so many Centrals supporters around, are these the same COWS bandwagoners.

Hey Tossbag, Weren't you at the two Ethelton/Centrals grand finals?

We outnumbered the Ethelton tossbags by far both times. The only dissappointment in our first Premiership was that Ethelton were not good enough to be there with us.

If you don't like the supporter base of Centrals growing then perhaps Ethelton should start to win premierships again so their supporters don't keep dropping off.

Originally posted by servo:

We outnumbered the Ethelton tossbags by far both times. The only dissappointment in our first Premiership was that Ethelton were not good enough to be there with us.

If you don't like the supporter base of Centrals growing then perhaps Ethelton should start to win premierships again so their supporters don't keep dropping off.

Servo...Settle....

The Port Adelaide Football Club beat you quite convincingly in 1995 and 1996 in the SANFL G.F's !! and yes..I've NEVER experienced noise quite like those CCCCEEEEEEENNNTTTRRRAAALLLLSSSS supporters before not even a 95,000 crowd at the MCG makes the same noise and passion as a Centrals crowd..

Unfortunately Centrals will never experience the feeling of Beating the PAFC in a G.F....from now on it will only ever be Ethelton that you beat or more precisely..the PAMFC est 1996..Even though they continue our heritage and tradition in the SANFL, it will be no different to beating Norwood or South Adelaide for a Premiership...

The true test ..no longer plays SANFL, However winning a G.F. is still that !

PA1870

Hey F head if Port were in last years GF you wouldn't be premiers so shut the hell up only speak on this board when you actually beat us in a GF loser.

The only reason why you had more supporters that DAY...and why sturt had more supporters in 98, and norwood in 99, and glenelg in 90 and 92, and eagles in 94, is because just like what crows supporters do at port games...a lot of supporters from other clubs came to barrack against Port. I remember in the 95 grand final, a bloke behind me was going "GREAT KICK 27...well done number 6"...yeah hes a centrals fan isnt he!!!
The rest of SA have an inferiority complex against Port...they dont like port winning, and they are even willing to go so far as supporting a team they dont even support just to outnumber the port fans.

Its funny how all these "sturt supporters" went to the 98 grand final...about 23,000 of them...funny how they only seemed to get abuot 850 people to games before that!

Originally posted by Rats Tossbag:
Thats because the COWS supporters have jumped of the bandwagon, but they will be back on this week, wait and listen to the s**t that KG dribbles this week.
You have to remember that Port supporters have been following football for longer than ten years, not like the COWS supporters who have only ever followed football since the COWS inception and it has become a socialite event for the rich and famous w***ers in Adelaide to be there. :p

PS: I have never seen so many Centrals supporters around, are these the same COWS bandwagoners.

So no Crows supporters ever supported the SANFL.

Very very interesting.

In fact most Crows supporters have follwed SANFL teams for a long time who have had very little success.

It must be real tough to support a side who wins every second year!!!!

I guess you people will find out what its like to be real supporters now that you won't win a flag from here to eternity.

Originally posted by Jars458:
So no Crows supporters ever supported the SANFL.

Very very interesting.

In fact most Crows supporters have follwed SANFL teams for a long time who have had very little success.

It must be real tough to support a side who wins every second year!!!!

I guess you people will find out what its like to be real supporters now that you won't win a flag from here to eternity.

It must of been so hard for you to abandon your SANFL side, and the only games you go to our finals games. At least we have stuck by our SANFL club, and havent abandoned them, unlike what 95% of crow supporters did

Leave it alone Macca19. This Jars458 sounds like this a-hole I work with . The guys been in the country for about 5 minutes and wouldn't know the first thing about our great game. Sounds like he should stick to warm beer, cold mutton, and to round ball sports.

------------------

Originally posted by gardenboy69:
Leave it alone Macca19. This Jars458 sounds like this a-hole I work with . The guys been in the country for about 5 minutes and wouldn't know the first thing about our great game. Sounds like he should stick to warm beer, cold mutton, and to round ball sports.

That's the way lad!!

PA1870, I am getting worried, I rarely disagree with you. And I agree with you again.

As for the rest of you, HARDY HAR HAR, I am so distressed by your attacks. Please stop, please.

The only dissappointment in our first Premiership was that Ethelton were not good enough to be there with us.
[/B]

I thought your biggest disappointments would have been those two floggings the Magpies gave you in your first two attempts at a grand final.

You were pathetic. But enjoy the glory while it lasts, cos it wont be much longer..

Could be....SANFL crowds have got bigger while AFL crowds have got smaller. Fair enough as well when you can see a proper game of tough footy with nearly just as good skills for $2....instead of seeing a waterd down umpire controlled version for $22

Good point. I've always been critical of Ports lack of numbers through the turnstiles. But the price of a ticket is outrageous. How many working class people can afford to take the family to a game?

[This message has been edited by Blues_Brat (edited 25 April 2001).]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back