27 000 ppl, thats a shocker!

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Blues_Brat:
Good point. I've always been critical of Ports lack of numbers through the turnstiles. But the price of a ticket is outrageous. How many working class people can afford to take the family to a game?

[This message has been edited by Blues_Brat (edited 25 April 2001).]

This is so true, did you hear on the weekend that SA is the Pov state, with more poor people than anywhere else in Aust. Even the old Chardonnay sippers must be affected, cos Crow crowds are down too.

Originally posted by carb70:
Hey F head if Port were in last years GF you wouldn't be premiers so shut the hell up only speak on this board when you actually beat us in a GF loser.

Geoffrey Robertson's Hypotheticals.

Eagles were pretty bad so it's hard to say.

So carb, why weren't Port in ;ast years grand final then??

When you're good enough to even make a grand final against us again then come back and have a go. On last years performance you are not worthy.

I am totally sick and tired of some Magpie fans who pile crap on all the other clubs supporters whenever they win. But then when they don't they cannot cope with anyone having a shot back. They almost always resort to personal abuse and pseudo foul language.

I leave Power fans out of that asessment because to date most of them are pretty good about all the good natured ribbing.

Geoffrey Robertson's Hypotheticals.

Eagles were pretty bad so it's hard to say.

Good enought to beat Sturt and win the minor premiership by three games.

Talk about what you know about. So far I have discovered nothing.

In Gold and Green and Blue

Originally posted by Jars458:
Good enought to beat Sturt and win the minor premiership by three games.

Talk about what you know about. So far I have discovered nothing.

In Gold and Green and Blue

I am talking about what I know about. The Eagles were crap in the Grand Final. I stand by that. I was there.

So what if the Eagles defeated us? Counts for nought if you don't win the premiership.

I am talking about what I know about. The Eagles were crap in the Grand Final. I stand by that. I was there.

So what if the Eagles defeated us? Counts for nought if you don't win the premiership.

Yeah right

So North had an equally succesful season as the Eagles because neither won the Flag.

Get back to your knitting down at Unley.

Originally posted by servo:

When you're good enough to even make a grand final against us again then come back and have a go. On last years performance you are not worthy.

I am totally sick and tired of some Magpie fans who pile crap on all the other clubs supporters whenever they win. But then when they don't they cannot cope with anyone having a shot back. They almost always resort to personal abuse and pseudo foul language.

I leave Power fans out of that asessment because to date most of them are pretty good about all the good natured ribbing.

Sorry Servo wasn't Port making the last 6 GF's in a row enough for you. What a bunch of losers we are at Alberton we finished 4 last year the lowest position we have finish in 10 seasons. We really are a bunch of losers. I mean we have only played in 10 of the last 13 GF's, What the hell is wrong with Port?, why couldn't we make it 13 out of 13?.

What shits me off Servo is people like you who can't acknowledge Port's success over a long period and yet you what me to acknowledge other teams when they have 1 good season out of 5. Well sorry I'm not going to do it. When other teams start to preform like Port over a long period then I will acknowledge that but until then you can all piss off.

Finally Servo this is the crap us Port supporters also have to put up with, I was at Noarlunga one day watching Port and South. All day the South supporters were yelling out, Hogdes you are s**t, Hodges you can't play. Which was fine to start with but it started to get a bit ridicous after a while especially when Hogdes kicked his 11th goal which was more goals than the total South team kicked that day. So maybe you other supporters should look in your own back yard before you start calling us Port supporters bad losers.

Originally posted by Grave Danger:
So what if Sturt knocked out the Maggies? Counts for nought if you don't make the Grand Final.

I didn't say a bloody word about Port v Sturt in the finals!

Moron.

If you wanna side with a Crows twat, go for it..

Hey carb, you have read nothing of my posts about Port ever other than this thread have you?

I have many times acknowledged and praised Ports tradition and brilliant record. I was the first Crow fan on this site to support the fact that The Power are the same club that dominated SANFL for a century. I have consistently praised their record.

I have admitted in the past that I do not hate Port but that I am jealous of their success, their tradition and their strong administration.

You are so paranoid about others bagging your club that you cannot even recognise good natured ribbing as your compatriots Macca & PA1870 did.

You resort to personal abuse.
You resort to foul language.
You refuse to acknowledge the success of another club.

And you have the hide to accuse me of these things.

When PA1870 first appeared on these boards I was very impressed with his passion and knowledge of both his club and fottball in general. We have had our sparring matches but we have both always known that we share a love for the sport as a whole and can see the whole game.

I was gone for a while and when I came back I found this character Macca sprouting off about his great club and sounding very obnoxious. I had a few goes at him and then took the time to read some of his past posts. I now have respect for him even though I don't always agree with him.

I though you were going to be similar to Macca but alas I fear I was wrong. I will read your posts with interest to see if I need to acknowledge I am wrong about you.

Its no fun when you win every single year. The other teams will think the competiton is rigged if we didnt allow 2 other teams a chance last year. We allowed two teams (in fact three) teams a chance to go for the flag...now it will go back to normal with port on top again
biggrin.gif

Gotta give the other teams a go sometimes, otherwise they might take their ball and go home cos we are cheating. Plus the only real reason we didnt make it last year was the timing. Port were still in their famous midseason slump of a few losses to keep the competition slightly competitive...they changed the schedule so we were still in that slump and not in prime september form!!

I was gone for a while and when I came back I found this character Macca sprouting off about his great club and sounding very obnoxious. I had a few goes at him and then took the time to read some of his past posts. I now have respect for him even though I don't always agree with him.

I though you were going to be similar to Macca but alas I fear I was wrong. I will read your posts with interest to see if I need to acknowledge I am wrong about you.

why thankyou Servo. Rather nice of you. I think your a bit hard on Carb tho

C'mon Carb,

Servo , is just taking the Mickey !!!!!!! He's acknowledged Ports total domination of Football in SA in a number of Posts...He's just sh*tty cause we have !...

Takes a good man to admit when he's wrong Carb, Takes a good bloke to admit Port are good as well..

Servo gives as good as what he gets, but from my experience he shows respect when its due, and deserves some too!
being a Centrals supporter he knows how to take the Mickey out of other fans...

Balls in your court Carb....

PA1870

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I apologise Servo, How am I suppose to know when you are taking the Mickey out of Port. All I can see is words, I can't see any expressions to tell me what you were doing. Now that PA1870 has told me about your past history reguarding Port I promise not to take what you write to heart next time.

Thanks Carb, I am sure we can still have some damn good debates though.

I am bloody dissappointed I won't be going to the Centrals Port game. I hope the rumours we are hearing do not come to fruition.

Hey Tossbag, Weren't you at the two Ethelton/Centrals grand finals?

We outnumbered the Ethelton tossbags by far both times. The only dissappointment in our first Premiership was that Ethelton were not good enough to be there with us.

If you don't like the supporter base of Centrals growing then perhaps Ethelton should start to win premierships again so their supporters don't keep dropping off.

Classic post.

BigFooty sure would have been an interesting place to be around for a Port supporter back then..

The 02/03 "chokes" before winning it all in 2004 and then that horror Showdown final in 2005.

The Port/Crows rivalry around these parts these days must be tame in comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back