Past Dan Robinson - delisted 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Spud, not good enough for AFL and is a waste of space in our 22. Heard he wants to go to a Melbourne club too I think, would take him for an early 3rd rounder.

Why would he want to go to a Melbourne club? He's from NSW

Spud, not good enough for AFL and is a waste of space in our 22. Heard he wants to go to a Melbourne club too I think, would take him for an early 3rd rounder.
Why would we get a 3rd rounder for him? Will likely get a 5/6 round pick.

Up until his injuries Robinson was following a similar path to Lloyd. Whether he will get there or not I am not sure but he is reasonable depth to play a role when required.

TheMase
This place is never ceases to amaze me. Lloyd was also written off by some as a Spud.

We all get things wrong from time to time but the expectation from our supporter base on here, that every player will play as though they are a top 10 draft selection from the word go, with no allowance for persistent injury, lack of a good pre-season & conditioning & most importantly, the second to none development program we have whih teaches these guys to play Bloods Footy. I'm not going to say he will be a regular star player for us but to write him off as a spud is an admission to a lack of footy nous in what goes on at a football club.

Typically though we'll have to listen how it's just an opinion but it is ignorantly wrong to write off a player that has had injury after injury & can't get any momentum going.

TheMase
This place is never ceases to amaze me. Lloyd was also written off by some as a Spud.

We all get things wrong from time to time but the expectation from our supporter base on here, that every player will play as though they are a top 10 draft selection from the word go, with no allowance for persistent injury, lack of a good pre-season & conditioning & most importantly, the second to none development program we have whih teaches these guys to play Bloods Footy. I'm not going to say he will be a regular star player for us but to write him off as a spud is an admission to a lack of footy nous in what goes on at a football club.

Typically though we'll have to listen how it's just an opinion but it is ignorantly wrong to write off a player that has had injury after injury & can't get any momentum going.

I wonder whether it's a footy wide thing or whether it's something born of the late 80s. We certainly recruited a lot of supporters during the Edelsten era where we played this fast, flashy brand of footy. But that was always an unsustainable mirage. It wasn't real.

Or maybe it's a State of Origin type thing where you get to see the cream play together 3 times per year. I wonder whether League supporters go back after that frustrated with their developing players.

All I can say is that this year alone, the following players have been written off...... Reid, Towers, Lloyd, Melican, Smith, K Jack, McVeigh, Robinson, Tippett, Sinclair, Naismith. That's 11 players in our best 25. I honestly can't understand how we are any ******* good at all.

I wonder whether it's a footy wide thing or whether it's something born of the late 80s. We certainly recruited a lot of supporters during the Edelsten era where we played this fast, flashy brand of footy. But that was always an unsustainable mirage. It wasn't real.

Or maybe it's a State of Origin type thing where you get to see the cream play together 3 times per year. I wonder whether League supporters go back after that frustrated with their developing players.

All I can say is that this year alone, the following players have been written off...... Reid, Towers, Lloyd, Melican, Smith, K Jack, McVeigh, Robinson, Tippett, Sinclair, Naismith. That's 11 players in our best 25. I honestly can't understand how we are any ******* good at all.

Especially after being absolute crap at 0 & 6 to suddenly be 11 & 8.
I'm not sure some people understand that in the history of the game, any team that has been able to win 11 & 2, with two of those losses by 6 points to a team that pulled a few goals out of their arses, has plenty going for it going forward & obviously has a great game plan which all our players have bought in to.

Now this is one of the issues Tom Mitchell had. He wasn't sold on the role he was given, hence the clashes with coaches.
Give him a hard time.

Proud to say I haven't written off any of them.

I think the edlesten era delivered bupkus in supporters. The 6k of real supporters stuck fat, and we've been tarred by the blowins on ftee tickets in some eyes ever since.

I know myself and a horde of other supporters only got on board when the blue collar boys came through - Kel, Luffy, Plugger etc. I also think a team that tackles hard, has a team ethos and doesn't dive is pretty important if you want to crack footy culture in NSW. Far more so than high fliers.

Aerial ping pong. That's what 200pt games where no one tackled anyone was called up here.

Meh. Like us or hate us we're all still here and growing. The League has to accept that...or not.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing. Of course none of us know whats said behind closed doors but given the bad injuries he has suffered the last two seasons and the lack of continuity, seems like a bit of a soft option for a Sydneysider, especially when contracted.
Old iggy's boys hey.... good luck Dan

Pity that he is a local. Otherwise you can't blame him for seeking other opportunities.

From the club's point of view though thay have invested a lot of development time into him.

I think he should be applauded. In an age where footballers are requesting trades back to their home city, Robinson is prepared to leave his in order to further his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back