Welcome, big fella!

10426908_10152746714589356_7553069405435024252_n.png

Height: 201cm
Weight: 101kg
DOB: 8-1-1988
DEBUT: 2012

GAMES: 51
GOALS: 39

RECRUITED FROM: GWS Giants, (prior Central District SA)

Spent four years on Port's (booo) senior list before being selected by GWS with pick 3 in the 2010 Rookie Draft.

Closer in playing style to Bellchambers than Ryder, but an AFL proven ruckman nonetheless. Good stuff.

Last edited:

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I really rate Giles but I'm not sure I like what it signifies.

To get Giles we presumably told him he'd get games despite Bellchambers being on our list.

To give Giles games means that he either plays alongside Bellchambers, Daniher and Carlisle which will leave the forwardline slow as s**t or Hurley will switch with Carlisle which leaves the defence slow as s**t (and fails to take advantage of the clear strengths and lessen the obvious weaknesses in their respective games).

Or we just lied to Giles about the opportunity that was really available. Or, I suppose, Giles is just happy to continue to have a shot at a career.

THE BRETHREN STRENGTHENS

I have just delivered a massive diatribe to the two other Essendon supporters at work who have pooh-poohed these two latest Rangjections (topical!) into the side raising the following key points:

• People want to play for Essendon
  • The 2000 premiership side was heavily loaded with rangas, and could only be toppled by a side captained by a ranga
  • Players who will combust as soon as they step into the sunlight are a great shock tactic. My extensive research in the past 30 seconds has led me to the interesting fact that Adam Cooney has never played in natural light
  • **** you all
This has been met with varying levels of acceptance and understanding.

Smokin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I really rate Giles but I'm not sure I like what it signifies.

To get Giles we presumably told him he'd get games despite Bellchambers being on our list.

To give Giles games means that he either plays alongside Bellchambers, Daniher and Carlisle which will leave the forwardline slow as s**t or Hurley will switch with Carlisle which leaves the defence slow as s**t (and fails to take advantage of the clear strengths and lessen the obvious weaknesses in their respective games).

Or we just lied to Giles about the opportunity that was really available. Or, I suppose, Giles is just happy to continue to have a shot at a career.

Or the obvious - he backs himself in against a Tbell coming off an injury rather than the arguably the best ruck in the league at Adelaide.

Back