Player Watch #27 Justin McInerney

Remove this Banner Ad

15SyMe20IH577779022.JPG

Justin McInerney
Sydney Swans youngster Justin McInerney is lightning-quick, an endurance machine and a clean user of the footy who’s best used on a wing or at half-back. The Northern Knights product was called up for his AFL debut against Melbourne at the SCG in Round 4, 2019, and although he wouldn’t feature at the top level again in his first year at the club, he was a stand-out in the NEAFL. McInerney is eyeing more opportunities at senior level in 2020.

Justin McInerney
DOB: 18 August 2000
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: #44, 2018 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Banyule (Vic)/Marcellin College (Vic)/Northern U18

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
McInerney got a turn in the guts and picked up six clearances! Probably not a position that plays completely to his strengths, at least at this stage, but interesting to see this as another string to his bow. I had him pegged very much as an outside player but he's still physical and clearly he's got some ability in and under as well. Exciting times!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
McInerney got a turn in the guts and picked up six clearances! Probably not a position that plays completely to his strengths, at least at this stage, but interesting to see this as another string to his bow. I had him pegged very much as an outside player but he's still physical and clearly he's got some ability in and under as well. Exciting times!

Great performance by JMac. 5 Stoppage clearances and 1 centre clearance. We tried to address our slowness at centre bounce through Jmac's inclusion and I think he made a difference.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
It seemed an admission from the coaches that our inside midfield set-up was simply too slow to deal with Essendon's. Particularly with Hickey often at a distinct disadvantage against rucks with good leaps like Draper. Essendon's set-up in that sense is a perfect storm for us. Hickey is excellent around the ground but we're definitely vulnerable at the centre bounce and McInerney's pace helped. Warner returning might be coming at a perfect time.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Ridiculous that he’s not even being talked about as a RS winner. Outside of this fan base, I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the whole rs star to be a but strange this year. Luke Jackson is the unbackable favourite who averages 4 kicks a game and kicked 10 goals (if you take away the the gc anomaly game) in 21 matches this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back