Player Watch #27 Justin McInerney

Remove this Banner Ad

15SyMe20IH577779022.JPG

Justin McInerney
Sydney Swans youngster Justin McInerney is lightning-quick, an endurance machine and a clean user of the footy who’s best used on a wing or at half-back. The Northern Knights product was called up for his AFL debut against Melbourne at the SCG in Round 4, 2019, and although he wouldn’t feature at the top level again in his first year at the club, he was a stand-out in the NEAFL. McInerney is eyeing more opportunities at senior level in 2020.

Justin McInerney
DOB: 18 August 2000
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: #44, 2018 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Banyule (Vic)/Marcellin College (Vic)/Northern U18

Absolutely love this;

McInerney said he was always keen to stay with the Swans.

“We have a lot of good players, and a lot of good people around us at the club. I never looked anywhere else, it was always the Swans,” he said.

“It’s such an exciting time for our club with our mix of senior leaders and younger guys coming through. I’m really looking forward to what’s to come in the next few years.

I think I've found the replacement for all my adoration once that dreaded day comes when JPK calls time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the way this guy plays.
Well done to the club.
Hopefully he gets to play in a premiership along side a guy who’s legacy would then go very very close to being The GOAT. A Guy that was signed by the club for to long and took up too much of our player payments. The very same guy who has dragged us across the line that many times it beggars belief. The same 35 year old that kicked 3 goals in 2 and a half minutes to halt a blowout and bring us back from the brink with the chance of an unlikely win. Good on JMac and every other kid who has the privilege of playing with such a player. Why wouldn’t you want to sign ?????

Hopefully he gets to play in a premiership along side a guy who’s legacy would then go very very close to being The GOAT. A Guy that was signed by the club for to long and took up too much of our player payments. The very same guy who has dragged us across the line that many times it beggars belief. The same 35 year old that kicked 3 goals in 2 and a half minutes to halt a blowout and bring us back from the brink with the chance of an unlikely win. Good on JMac and every other kid who has the privilege of playing with such a player. Why wouldn’t you want to sign ?????
Love the passion. Had tears in my eyes reading it. It would be good for it to happen.

Mateship - The Bloods

From watching on TV Mcinerney looked quiet
He has the potential to influence games in our favour with just a few plays
Im not sure what his role was yesterday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back