Senior 27. Marc Pittonet

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair. And to be clear, I'm not suggesting there is any issue with him, just that he's not figuring in my thinking until he plays and we see something. This is a bloke taken in the rookie draft...

To me, one of the best things about our current list and the depth we've built is not having to look at every new draftee as a saviour!

It's not looking at them as much as saviours, but each recruit last year made sense. Every one.

Pittonet - For next to nothing, made sense.
Martin - For no currency going out, made perfect sense.
Newnes - For little, made sense even if we're complaining about him right now.

Kemp was an ideal type player for us.
Philp was also an ideal type for us.
Ramsay - Too early for me to make a call.
Honey was something we don't have and there's an opportunity there for him.
Phillips really has something worth nurturing and more so than most (if not all) the rookies we took in the past four years.

Well I was wrong about Pittonet.

I always assumed he was French going by his last name, turns out he is Italian, which is very reassuring, so nice to have an Azzuri back at Carlton :)

He was born to be bound in Blue

tumblr_obnxymga3k1vym037o3_400.gifv

Now I have an urge to watch the Rocky movies again :)

#TheItalianStallian

He has a few of the big guns to knock off first, but it has been a great start.
1 NicNat- may just jump all over him (although NN look too heavy to me atm)
2 Goldstein
3 Grundy

We could say the same for every new player, but the thing with Honey is that as a rookie, it may be fair not to expect much at all.
If it was Kemp or Philp (players taken top 20) then maybe we'd expect to see what we're seeing with Honey.

Forget the 'hype' on this board, but look at who was named as an emergency last week. Surely that alone says something.

Reminiscent of Williamson in 2017...

Reminiscent of Williamson in 2017...

Are you a mind reader?

This is exactly what I was thinking but didn't drop it in because Williamson was selected in the ND and not the RD.
I didn't know much about Williamson at all, but through his first pre-season, I thought; Who is this guy and why was he taken so low?

I also thought the same about Macreadie, but I now fear that it just isn't going to happen for him.

do we think pitto can be a top 5 ruck or is that a stretch? dont know how many ruckman run as hard as he does and i dont know anyone more mentally tough
ease up....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honey to me at least, was somewhat unexpected. Jeremias was a fan before the draft, but I didn't see what he saw.

Welcome aboard. I'm going to have to start charging for admission soon.

With Josh I saw a kid that just does way too much well to be going in the rookie draft. He has just about everything going for him, but he's inconsistent and has struggled to bring his strengths out on game day.

The talent though is very clearly there. He has it in spades. And if a professional environment can iron out that inconsistency, we have a serious player on our hands.

I wasn't as big on him as I was Kemp or Philp, but he represented obscene value in the rookie draft. I would have been comfortable enough with him in the second round, very happy in the third. As the 67th picked kid? Get the * out of here.

Kemp. Philp. Honey. It still makes me smile. And you'll all see why soon enough.

It's not looking at them as much as saviours, but each recruit last year made sense. Every one.

Pittonet - For next to nothing, made sense.
Martin - For no currency going out, made perfect sense.
Newnes - For little, made sense even if we're complaining about him right now.

Kemp was an ideal type player for us.
Philp was also an ideal type for us.
Ramsay - Too early for me to make a call.
Honey was something we don't have and there's an opportunity there for him.
Phillips really has something worth nurturing and more so than most (if not all) the rookies we took in the past four years.

With all these guys showing early promise, good chance we don’t make 15 changes at the end of the year.
Maybe promote a rookie or two, a few late draftees and bundle a couple of high draft picks for a quality mid (the item in bold will be the deciding factor on whether we are just making up numbers or premiership contenders over the next few years).

oh yeah - back on topic - love Mr Pitt but Martin on ball or pinch hitting up forward is the recruit of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back