Senior 27. Marc Pittonet

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of them would have official BF Carlton Board status - or your sparkling personality. Also these days we wouldn't have to make up lies about how good teh prospects for the team are...
Do a podcast!!!!!! Get Ferris to join so at least there’s one funny person there.

JOKE

But seriously. Do a podcast.

Pitto on the 10 news and 7 news tonight at a school doing Carlton respects stuff (also saw Mitch in the background) he said he was a bit nervous as it was his first presser. Seemed a good genuine funny bloke. Said we are building well but our season won't be defined by what happens Friday night.

Like his work a lot and we seem stronger in the middle when he's playing.
FWIW My only real knock on Pitto at the moment is I reckon he can be out-muscled a bit easily sometimes - Darling pushed him out of the way in the WCEagles forward line ruck contests. I do recall Lycett rag-dolling him at the MCG a couple of years ago when Pitto ended up on the ground in a headlock so I am hoping he repays the favour one day.

Like his work a lot and we seem stronger in the middle when he's playing.
FWIW My only real knock on Pitto at the moment is I reckon he can be out-muscled a bit easily sometimes - Darling pushed him out of the way in the WCEagles forward line ruck contests. I do recall Lycett rag-dolling him at the MCG a couple of years ago when Pitto ended up on the ground in a headlock so I am hoping he repays the favour one day.
Jack Darling is surprisingly strong but also is a master of ninja moves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.

I’m amazed by this.

I am a Pitto fan and think he is judged harshly by many, and I have no issue with him signing on beyond 2023, but a 4 year deal seems crazy.

The only way I can make sense of this one is if it’s in effect a shorter deal spread over more years.

If we offered Pitto a 2 year deal he could walk and get 3+ from a range of suitors. Geelong need someone to be Number 1 til Conway is ready, Port need someone better than Teakle.

Spreading the money over 4 years ensures he stays with us and if we keep TDK and he comes on it means we have adequate backup.

No brainer for me

26 years and 47 games old.

Perfect profile (if he can stay healthy) for the next few years. And there’s still improvement in him, one feels.
Exactly.. hasn't hit the 100 game (or 50 even) mark and is already one of the better tap rucks in the comp. He doesn't take many marks but when he does he doesn't fumble (Kreuzer cough) and is a decent kick for a ruck. If he stays fit I think the next 4 seasons he'll be in his prime and a huge asset.

It flags with me that the club probably understand they will lose TDK at year end and that they have no faith in Mirkov making it as an afl player, for a club with such poor ruck stocks at least we can be assured that we have 1 competent ruck on our list and doesn't force us into playing Okeefe or Lemmey before they are ready.

It flags with me that the club probably understand they will lose TDK at year end and that they have no faith in Mirkov making it as an afl player, for a club with such poor ruck stocks at least we can be assured that we have 1 competent ruck on our list and doesn't force us into playing Okeefe or Lemmey before they are ready.
TDK is gone for sure, you can smell and taste it. Hope we get a first rounder at least.

4 years, WTF!
Unfortunately AFL standard ruckman are a hot commodity.

West Coast are still looking for their Natanui replacement, Geelong, Sydney, St Kilda, Gold Coast could all do with a experienced ruckman.

4 years on a reasonable wage is not the worst thing in the world.

West Coast are still looking for their Natanui replacement, Geelong, Sydney, St Kilda, Gold Coast could all do with a experienced ruckman.

Yep, and as others have mentioned, the fact that it is 4 years probably allows us to spread the payments over a longer period. You wouldn't imagine it would be for a massive sum anyway, so makes sense from a list management perspective.

Every club needs depth ruckmen, so even if we stumble across a Gawn or English, he is still good back up without breaking the bank like a Grundy.

Either way, ol' mate Korn is gonna have a field day with this later today 😂

St Kilda and GC have better rucks than we do already.

A 2 year contract with a team option after that is what should be offered to a limited ruckman.

Have we learned nothing from contracts like Williams, McGovern etc.

Make players earn their contracts, not gift them over the top ones.

If we offered Pitto a 2 year deal he could walk and get 3+ from a range of suitors. Geelong need someone to be Number 1 til Conway is ready, Port need someone better than Teakle.

Spreading the money over 4 years ensures he stays with us and if we keep TDK and he comes on it means we have adequate backup.

No brainer for me
I honestly think he would struggle to find another home, and if he did he would be a backup ruckman. Offers virtually nothing around the ground, gives away too many free kicks (he's third highest in the team with one less game played than the rest of the top) and doesn't hit the scoreboard. 4 years is borderline negligence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back