AFL Player #27: Mason Redman šŸ•

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game first up but the nature of the game also helped to ease him into AFL footy.

His ball use was really good (I don't mind the ball being cut off).

He probably needs the week off because he faded out of the game and I thought that he was running within himself a bit (I guess to conserve energy). While I didn't think he was amazing, the performance does demonstrate what all the hype was about.

Good game first up but the nature of the game also helped to ease him into AFL footy.

His ball use was really good (I don't mind the ball being cut off).

He probably needs the week off because he faded out of the game and I thought that he was running within himself a bit (I guess to conserve energy). While I didn't think he was amazing, the performance does demonstrate what all the hype was about.

He was one of the few who lowered his eyes early kicking inside 50, played with good composure for a kid that is effectively debuting.

$81 for Rising Star at SB. Before yesterday they didn't even have him in the market.
Players don't win the RS when they start this late.

Keeps getting 25 touches and playing like he did he will.
There hasn't been a Rising Star winner with fewer than 19 games ever. Simply doesn't happen.

There hasn't been a Rising Star winner with fewer than 19 games ever. Simply doesn't happen.
This is a perfect example of where you go wrong. Sure itā€™s unlikely but just because something hasnā€™t happened yet that does not equal it will never happen.

Forget number of games anyway, Stephenson, Murray, Witherden, Doedee, Henry and Florent would still likely end up with the numbers to be ahead of Redman.

This is a perfect example of where you go wrong. Sure itā€™s unlikely but just because something hasnā€™t happened yet that does not equal it will never happen.

Forget number of games anyway, Stephenson, Murray, Witherden, Doedee, Henry and Florent would still likely end up with the numbers to be ahead of Redman.
It may end up that way but there have been 25 winners and none of them have played less than 19 games in that season. I doubt Murray wins it though, he'll be in the VFL for a little while longer I suspect.

Kids very impressive and has got game and didnt look out of place, Whats the general consensus about Redman is worsfold likely to play him all year ?

Surprised Ridley was dropped liked him in the u18's and think you guys have a couple of good kids there

Sooner Goddard is gone the better i think for essendon,Cant help but feel he drags the team down

Kids very impressive and has got game and didnt look out of place, Whats the general consensus about Redman is worsfold likely to play him all year ?

Surprised Ridley was dropped liked him in the u18's and think you guys have a couple of good kids there

Sooner Goddard is gone the better i think for essendon,Cant help but feel he drags the team down
Ridley is injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridley had an injury.

As for BJ, couldn't be more wrong about it. Provides fantastic leadership. Opposition fans always seem to dislike him because he can be abrasive, but there's a reason he's been voted as a leader every year by the players.

Ridley had an injury.

As for BJ, couldn't be more wrong about it. Provides fantastic leadership. Opposition fans always seem to dislike him because he can be abrasive, but there's a reason he's been voted as a leader every year by the players.

Goddard suffers from what I like to call "Angry Eyebrows" - a condition which makes someone seem more intensely irritable than they actually are; this effect is caused merely by the sharp angle of their brow.

Funny thing about essendon.
Wouldn't surprise us to see a kid play well and be dropped at some point after his taste.

We are a nice slow burn club. :p

Mason was very good against a soft opponent.
Keen to see how he handles the WC game, but he did have a bit of edge about him. Seemed at home.

Goddard suffers from what I like to call "Angry Eyebrows" - a condition which makes someone seem more intensely irritable than they actually are; this effect is caused merely by the sharp angle of their brow.
The eyebrows are windows to the soul.
(2018) Oohfaart, B, ā€˜Longfark vs Turtle/Brown vs Trout: Where does the chill end and the laconic begin?ā€™, Physiognomy Today, 27, Dunedoo.

Thatā€™s an impressive highlight reel for a 3rd gamer - the kids got some skills.
This blokes going to be a very good player for a very long time for us.
Whatā€™s his contract status at the moment??

Thatā€™s an impressive highlight reel for a 3rd gamer - the kids got some skills.
This blokes going to be a very good player for a very long time for us.
Whatā€™s his contract status at the moment??

End of 2019.

Woosha must be getting a little peeved that every time we bring in a young player he seems to go well.
While I have been frustrated earlier in the year about lack of selection integrity when not playing kids after weeks of great performances in the VFL to think Woosha would actually be annoyed at this is bordering delusional. I doubt you really think heā€™d be annoyed at good performances from the kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back