AFL Player #27: Mason Redman 🐕

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess it just goes to show that looking in from the outside you don't really know what the coaches really value in a player's output.

He was below his best possessions-wise but I'd guess with Martin being the primary distributor of half back Redman is being used more as an interceptor and possibly also more of a lockdown role.

I guess it just goes to show that looking in from the outside you don't really know what the coaches really value in a player's output.

He was below his best possessions-wise but I'd guess with Martin being the primary distributor of half back Redman is being used more as an interceptor and possibly also more of a lockdown role.
That sums it up. Martin and McGrath pushing up the ground. Redman staying back and defining or intercepting. Hard to notice unless you are actually looking for it which it would seem most of us have not . :cool:

It was hard not to notice this …

Vs. Bulldogs
21 disposals
6 marks
1 tackle
553 mg
10 intercepts
90.5% de
Well most did notice this week because of the intercept marks. His numbers where similar in the Saints game other than being well down on the intercept marking number . Easy to post it now. A lot of the comment was from after the Port game and his round 1 game was okay. He is playing a different type of role and 4 games in the picture is a bit clearer. :cool:

Just looking at our boards MVP thread most did miss it.

Worked his way into the game nicely last night. Stayed calm during Adelaides 6 goal run, played a big part in helping us settle, and then eventually regain the lead and win. Nice balance of defending and setting up play with his kicking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back