Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
This sucks.

Just wish our young blokes would get a good run at it.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Well that sucks. The positive for the kid is he knows he belongs at the level, the club knows he belongs at the level, the supporters know he belongs at the level.

I feel for him but at least he got that much out of 2018 and we can all look forward to him returning to the 22 (most likely) in 2019 with great anticipation.

Well that sucks. The positive for the kid is he knows he belongs at the level, the club knows he belongs at the level, the supporters know he belongs at the level.

I feel for him but at least he got that much out of 2018 and we can all look forward to him returning to the 22 (most likely) in 2019 with great anticipation.

This. As of now he is great, and he has unlimited upside. Should be SuperCoach bargain too

Don35

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Only positive is that he can go into a pre season believing that he belongs at afl level which I think heā€™s shown he can. Still plenty of work to do but another one of our youngsters that we can select and have relative confidence in.

Normally players get insane price rises if you average a good score for 2 games and then don't play again. You'll be disappointed to find he'll be mid priced next year.

Ahh, I thought it might be a little too easy.

Any injury updates on Mason?? Havenā€™t heard much apart from the unreliable AFL app site.
Injury list last week had him at 3-4 weeks which fits int his timeline. Probably plays the last 2 VFL games, and if by some miracle we make it, may play week 1 of finals, he'd have 3 VFL games under his belt (if we make VFL finals which we should still).

Any injury updates on Mason?? Havenā€™t heard much apart from the unreliable AFL app site.

This weeks injury update hasn't been posted yet but should be released sometime today.

Update in now, Redders season is over unfortunately. Cleaning up an existing injury while he is already out of action, was clearly never going to be back from the ankle in time so it's better to get everything sorted now for a clean run straight into pre-season.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-07-24/skins-injury-update-rd-19

Young utility Mason Redmanā€™s season is also over as he prepares to be sent for surgery on his knee.

The longstanding issue is unrelated to the nasty ankle injury he suffered in round 14 against West Coast.

ā€œMason Redman is an interesting one because he had that issue on one side,ā€ Crow said.

ā€œWhat weā€™ve known for a while is that he has a meniscal problem on his right side where his knee has locked a few times over the last six months. That was a surgery we were considering him having at the end of the season.

ā€œWhat weā€™ve decided to do is now that he is off crutches on his other side, that weā€™ll get that right-side knee operated on to anchor the meniscus, which is a 10-week rehab from when he has that.ā€

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Good to get him fully right instead of leaving lingering issues to carry on and delay his progress in the next preseason. He's gonna be a bloke that all Essendon supporters are excited about for 2019 and nobody else knows about.

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I guess that means he won't even be on crutches for a while then, since both legs will be out of commission. :think:
He will, it's the exact reason they waited til now to operate on his knee... so that he can weight bear on his ankle.

Old Stuckup

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea, 76s, Stars
Mightā€™ve been a blessing in disguise to get him completely right for 2019.

Mightā€™ve been a blessing in disguise to get him completely right for 2019.
Maybe not a blessing as they could have fixed it during off season, but you should always make hay while the sun shines. Gives him a head start on recovery.

Back