AFL Player #27: Mason Redman šŸ•

Remove this Banner Ad

Was brought up in one of the Dylan Clarke interviews. Still listed on betting sites as eligible (not saying you are wrong.)

Pretty deplorable if true. But I guess probably not surprising

if he's still 21 now, that means he was still only 21 on Jan 1 so how does that make him too old?

Because you have to be under 21 on January 1st. He was 21, so he isn't eligible.

Because you have to be under 21 on January 1st. He was 21, so he isn't eligible.
The wording I've found is 21 or under. Not that AFL state it anywhere

edit: immediately after posting this I find it on the AFL website (as under 21) because when you're looking for eligibility criteria, History is the obvious place to look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wording I've found is 21 or under. Not that AFL state it anywhere

The AFL literally state it right here -

"To be eligible for the AFL Rising Star Award, each year's nominated players must be under the age of 21 at 1 January and have played no more than 10 AFL games to the start of that season."

Can we make our own award for him like Collingwood did for Jeremy Howe?
Can we make a hawthorne player runner up? that would be fun!

Plays like somebody who has played a lot more than 14 games. Looking forward to this rate of improvement continuing over the next 50-100 games.

The AFL literally state it right here -

"To be eligible for the AFL Rising Star Award, each year's nominated players must be under the age of 21 at 1 January and have played no more than 10 AFL games to the start of that season."
Oh well. Maybe next year.

Plays like somebody who has played a lot more than 14 games. Looking forward to this rate of improvement continuing over the next 50-100 games.

Let's not get greedy.

He did a long apprenticeship at least partially due to getting injured at bad times.

He wont improve much more, at least I dont think, but he will start to play a more prominant role.

I cant really think of anything he could be doing that much better.

Let's not get greedy.

He did a long apprenticeship at least partially due to getting injured at bad times.

He wont improve much more, at least I dont think, but he will start to play a more prominant role.

I cant really think of anything he could be doing that much better.
I still see him becoming a midfielder long term once he's done his apprenticeship down back. He's a great kick & I think the team will start playing through him more in the near future which is hopefully where the improvement comes from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back