AFL Player #27: Mason Redman 🐕

Remove this Banner Ad

The few games I have seen of him he has kicked goals. 3 against Metro and 2 against Country. Played forward, good lead nice mark, good pace. Good kick.
Had a really good game against Metro with 15 possessions and 5 tackles along with the 3 goals.
Can go into the middle and win a clearance although it did not seem his strong point.
Not a fashionable pick but like Fantasia he has played some solid footy for SA.

Think he could become a midfielder.

Just from watching the vision hes excellent above his head and is very athletic at 187cm hes the closest thing to Fyfe from anyone else in this draft, not saying as good but the way he plays.

Hes also an excellent extractor, very clean, very strong, looks like the kegs will pile on muscle wise, excellent hands and decision making. Hes also not afraid of the contest very hard at it.

Id love to know what tank he has behind him.

Im not sure its the 23 or the way he looks but he reminds me most of Josh Caddy. Great above his head half forward who will eventually become a big bodied midfielder as he puts on the kilos and impoves his endurance - unsure what its like.

Kicking maybe needs to improve. His technique isnt that bad though.

Think he avg like 22/23 possess during the champs didnt he? and kicked a couple goals.

Kid actually has a beautiful handball and vision. Recruitment department might have something here.

Also, his attack on the ball is Hurley like. Especially aggressive in the air!

According to Chris25, he works really hard defensively too.

AFL.com.au had him in the top 5 in the 3k time trial.

Brett Anderson from SEN said:

32. Mason REDMAN
Glenelg | 26/8/97 | Ht: 186 | Wt: 77
“Mason played state under 18s and he’s a ripper. Came down from the country this season and played some under 18 games and a dozen reserves games and finished with a couple of senior appearances. Played half-back/midfield and forward and is one of those players that can win the footy inside and outside, likes to run and carry and take the game on. Has worked really hard this year to improve his football and body shape and it’s shown. I’d hope he might got in the top 25 or 30.“ – Glenelg football manager Paul Sandercock
If not him, who else? Brayden Fiorini, Ben McKay.

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/11-15/bretts-final-2015-afl-mock-draft#WvWXyMGFI0GDZajC.99

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandercock is a really weird name.
How painful does it sound?
It's like when the convicts were stepping off the boat in the first fleet.
Old mate "Cecil Sanders" decided to do something stupid on the boat to prove how hard he was, when they asked for his name.

Admin guy: "Name please"
Cecil: "Cecil Sanders" *Spits on admin guy*
Admin guy: *looks down at the snot on his leg, halfway through writing the convicts name down "Cecil Sander.... utensil".

Hes easily the one im most excited about.

187cm which has the frame to fill out. Will be a forward come midfielder similar to the Bont/Fyfe hopefully half as good. Also has excellent running ability with a 10.12 3km run. Would put him around a 6.20-6.30 2km trial which is elite the best at the club would be low 6's Ambrose.

Bont ran a 14.7 beep at the combine, Fyfe operates at mid 15's now

I'm not minding this trend of picking up ~187 cm forward/mids with some pace after how Laverde and Langford are going. Also if they keep working out as midfielders we will need to keep drafting them until one of them is willing to stay up forward. Sounds like a terrible problem to have.

I'm not minding this trend of picking up ~187 cm forward/mids with some pace after how Laverde and Langford are going. Also if they keep working out as midfielders we will need to keep drafting them until one of them is willing to stay up forward. Sounds like a terrible problem to have.

Rotations :D

20 to 35 picks really must have been tricky for the recruiting blokes in every club.

Each with their own list, crossing out names as the picks rolled along.

Young Redman was on top of our list come our turn and here he is at Bomberland.

His highlights show he deserves a chance at the highest level and I look forward to watching his development over the next two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back