AFL Player #27: Mason Redman šŸ•

27 - redman.jpg

Contract Status: Free Agent 2028
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 24, ghostdog

Last edited by a moderator:
2k fine

Bombers teammate Mason Redman was charged with kicking Eagle Oscar Allen, but will escape with a $2000 fine for the incident that was assessed as intentional conduct and low impact to the body.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Just on the Redman fine; If the AFL were as serious as they once said, they need to start looking at the antagonist and not just the resulting incident. The kick by Redman wasn't necessary but neither was the heel tap on Mason to begin with.

Will be watching with baited breath as to what the AFL do with the incident between a Melbourne player who leg locked his Fremantle opponent at the MCG yesterday, to which said Fremantle player dropped his knee into his opponent for the original leg lock.

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought Mason was really good against GWS - not named in any of the best players but he was solid - 17 disposals - of which 11 were contested, plenty of pressure acts and shows some real desperation to get the ball. He's certainly willing to take the game on also - he's progressing really well for a 16 game player - well done Mason!

Thought Mason was really good against GWS - not named in any of the best players but he was solid - 17 disposals - of which 11 were contested, plenty of pressure acts and shows some real desperation to get the ball. He's certainly willing to take the game on also - he's progressing really well for a 16 game player - well done Mason!

Was his first real up field foray, I thought his contested stuff was really good. 11 contested possessions and 4 clearances is good value from your wingman, especially considering he still had that run and carry element to go along with it.

scottmclaren

All Australian
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Played a great game. Like Laverde if you only count possessions you may be disappointed, but they both contest the ball and force a stoppage which is obviously better than an easy turnover......

Last edited:

Jager bombers

Senior List
Apr 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Emerging Bomber eyes new deal

GLENN McFARLANE reports ā€¦

Emerging Essendon defender Mason Redman has revealed he is in discussions with the club about a new contract, saying he is desperate to be a part of the Bombers' next chapter.

While admitting the negotiations are still preliminary at this stage, the 21-year-old has good currency after shaking off a host of frustrating injuries to produce a career-best season running off half back.

"I absolutely love being here at Essendon," Redman told the Herald Sun. "There is no doubt I want to stay ā€¦ that would be my first priority."
"We have started conversations with the club and it is moving on quite nicely at the moment. I just want to concentrate on my footy and keeping my body right, and it will take care of itself."

After playing only five games in his first three seasons, Redman has played 12 straight since being chosen for the Bombers' Round 4 game against Brisbane
He has given the club plenty of run off half back and takes the game on with his run and carry.

A native of Millicent, 400km south east of Adelaide, he was recruited to the Bombers from Glenelg, as pick 30 in the 2015 national draft, and there is little doubts the Crows and the Power would have watched him with interest. But he is keen to stay with the Bombers.

Emerging Bomber eyes new deal

GLENN McFARLANE reports ā€¦

Emerging Essendon defender Mason Redman has revealed he is in discussions with the club about a new contract, saying he is desperate to be a part of the Bombers' next chapter.

While admitting the negotiations are still preliminary at this stage, the 21-year-old has good currency after shaking off a host of frustrating injuries to produce a career-best season running off half back.

"I absolutely love being here at Essendon," Redman told the Herald Sun. "There is no doubt I want to stay ā€¦ that would be my first priority."
"We have started conversations with the club and it is moving on quite nicely at the moment. I just want to concentrate on my footy and keeping my body right, and it will take care of itself."

After playing only five games in his first three seasons, Redman has played 12 straight since being chosen for the Bombers' Round 4 game against Brisbane
He has given the club plenty of run off half back and takes the game on with his run and carry.

A native of Millicent, 400km south east of Adelaide, he was recruited to the Bombers from Glenelg, as pick 30 in the 2015 national draft, and there is little doubts the Crows and the Power would have watched him with interest. But he is keen to stay with the Bombers.
Can you pop a link in please.

Looks like a rehash of the afl.com.au article from 3 weeks ago actually. Almost word for word with the same quotes slightly paraphrased. Plagiarism šŸ™„

Looks like a rehash of the afl.com.au article from 3 weeks ago actually. Almost word for word with the same quotes slightly paraphrased. Plagiarism šŸ™„

it was published on afl.com.au today as well

Back