Player Watch #27: Miller Bergman - BFNAAK - Extends to end of 2025 - broken jaw in VFL, will miss a month

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bloody shame, because I think the whole Fisher, McKercher, Sheezel rotation is gonna be a real defensive issue this week. 5 extra cm would've been nice, not to mention his very un-Northlike composure with ball in hand

My Left Foote

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United Melbourne Victory
You are hitting a high point of tediousness with the Lmac drivel
He is a good solid experienced defender in a totally new back line
They never dropped JZ
The won’t drop Luke
Yes I love the way he used all that experience to give away a stupid 50 metre penalty to Luke Jackson and turn what was initially out of bounds on the full to a goal.

Joining Harvey on the sidelines is Miller Bergman, who suffered a fractured jaw from an Bullants player's shoulder during his 29-disposal outing.

"After pulling up sore post-game and subsequent swelling of the face later on Saturday evening, medical staff took Miller for scans which revealed a fracture," White said.

"He'll have surgery Tuesday and have plates inserted. He'll be looking at a return to play timeframe of 4-6 weeks which will become clearer post-surgery."

My Left Foote

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United Melbourne Victory
You pay no attention
It was good play
Jackson took off
Lmac ran in
Should have been play on
Here's McDonald lining up on the mark.
Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 4.10.07 pm.png

The umpire's pointing at Pink he hasn't called play on but McDonald is already on the move.
Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 4.10.28 pm.png

The umpire is only now just starting to call play on but McDonald is already a metre off his line.
Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 4.10.47 pm.png

Umpire's arms are up in the air, it's officially play on and McDonald is about 2 metres off his mark.
Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 4.11.03 pm.png

Our "good solid experienced defender" went way too early and gifted them a goal.

Pay attention.

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Congrats on your technical achievement
As soon as Jackson takes 1 step left he is off his line
So I think Luke was perfectly correct
good pressure incorrectly adjudicated
Just my opinion

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Congrats on your technical achievement
As soon as Jackson takes 1 step left he is off his line
So I think Luke was perfectly correct
good pressure incorrectly adjudicated
Just my opinion
I was stunned as well when the 50 was paid. Even though I was just 8 rows back, and directly in line with Jackson I couldn't believe the call was for 50 as I also believed that Jackson was off his mark.

However, the rule says that the umpire must call "Play On" and maybe he hadn't done so quickly enough. I have to say I did not hear anything from the ump so I will trust what My Left Foote says about when the call was made.

Back