Player Watch #27: Miller Bergman - BFNAAK - Extends to end of 2025 - broken jaw in VFL, will miss a month

Melbourne overpaid for Lever, overpaid for Pickett, and some might even think pick 6 for May and steak knives is overs.

Not sure any Dees fans are upset about that right now.
They didn't overpay tho cos flags are worth it.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You seriously think they overpaid for Pickett? The kid is going to be an absolute superstar.

They didn’t pay overs for May either. He is the best FB in the comp.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Using the points value in the trade with us they absolutely overpaid.

They had specific needs and did what they needed to get someone who meets the need, and they overpaid in points value to make it happen.

My original point was that you don’t need to “win” a trade (ie, what we paid for CCJ) to get an actual win from the transaction.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Using the points value in the trade with us they absolutely overpaid.

They had specific needs and did what they needed to get someone who meets the need, and they overpaid in points value to make it happen.

My original point was that you don’t need to “win” a trade (ie, what we paid for CCJ) to get an actual win from the transaction.

You do realise they on traded our pick to Freo to a later pick which makes the points comparison completely irrelevant? They got both Pickett and Rivers out of our pick we traded to them. Put that in your points calculator.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Remember Sam Wright?

He's back, in Miller Bergman form.

PS: Really respect what Rookie Me do but this is one of their worst player profiles. Composure is one of his best qualities and agility is certainly not a strength. Footskills would be top 5 in this draft. Not athletically a standout in any area but has a really good footy brain. Honestly can't think of a better comparison than Sammy Wright in terms of helping non-junior footy watchers understand what sort of player he is.

He put in some really nice performances this year despite being being extremely skinny.

But the old, "Miller Bergman from Katamatite" lacks a bit in comparison to the Sam Wright version. In more ways than one.

Miller Bergman - 27

Boyhood North fan Bergman is taking on one of North's most historic numbers. Voted as the second best player in club history as part of the club’s 150 year celebrations, Keith Greig won back to back Brownlow Medals in No.27 in 1973 and 1974, before winning the only premiership of his career in 1975. Missing the 1977 triumph through injury, Greig reinvented himself as a half-back flanker to win the 1980 Syd Barker Medal and All-Australian selection in 1983.

Laurie Dwyer would win two Syd Barker Medals wearing the 27 in his 201 game career, earning the award in 1961 and 1967, the same years he finished as runner-up in the Brownlow Medal. Dwyer and Greig have both been inducted as legends of the club, also taking their places on either wing in the club’s team of the century.

Darren Crocker has been one of North Melbourne's greatest servants, playing the bulk of his career - including the 1996 premiership where he kicked three goals - in the number 27. He went on to become the senior assistant coach in the AFL program before taking charge of the club’s AFLW program ahead of the 2021 season.

RHLK

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Subiaco
The Funk reveres his club history, unlike some players ...cough Taylor Garner......

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Miller Bergman - 27

Boyhood North fan Bergman is taking on one of North's most historic numbers. Voted as the second best player in club history as part of the club’s 150 year celebrations, Keith Greig won back to back Brownlow Medals in No.27 in 1973 and 1974, before winning the only premiership of his career in 1975. Missing the 1977 triumph through injury, Greig reinvented himself as a half-back flanker to win the 1980 Syd Barker Medal and All-Australian selection in 1983.

Laurie Dwyer would win two Syd Barker Medals wearing the 27 in his 201 game career, earning the award in 1961 and 1967, the same years he finished as runner-up in the Brownlow Medal. Dwyer and Greig have both been inducted as legends of the club, also taking their places on either wing in the club’s team of the century.

Darren Crocker has been one of North Melbourne's greatest servants, playing the bulk of his career - including the 1996 premiership where he kicked three goals - in the number 27. He went on to become the senior assistant coach in the AFL program before taking charge of the club’s AFLW program ahead of the 2021 season.

and they didn't even mention aaron edwards who kicked 100 goals and took the mark of the year

Screenshot_20211206-182810_Facebook.jpg

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm hoping for a little bit of a Lachie Whitfield type distributor off half back who can also break the lines.

He has the endurance to match which is a good start.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have to admit that I had this guy down as a 2-3 years from now prospect but he did some things that impressed me. disposal wasn't perfect (which is to be expected of a guy playing his first senior game of any kind) but his body work and reading of the play looked good. You can see why Brady et al were interested.

Back