Player Watch #27: Miller Bergman - BFNAAK - Extends to end of 2025 - broken jaw in VFL, will miss a month

North Melbourne's National Recruiting Manager Mark Finnigan believes Bergman’s skillset can fill a need on North’s list.

"He will provide a lot of drive with his run and kick, filling a position type we need for the long term," Finnigan said.

"Miller showed his talent and versatility in the NAB league this season also playing forward, kicking three goals in one quarter.

"Like Josh Goater, he has been a Roos supporter all his life with his Dad, Shannon, being drafted by the club in 1989.

"We are really excited with what Miller can bring once in an elite program."

Northwards

Senior List
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For some reason I really like this pick, have admired how his brother has slotted in at Port and was always interested to see where he went.

Reading that he put on 6-7 kilos in a non professional environment for a skinny kid at 17-18 is quite impressive and bodes well for future development, especially with an AFL environment, nutrition and strength program.

Probably a needs based pick with his decision making, line breaking and strong kicking. If he can get to 75kg and is playing well I could see a debut late next year off a half back flank If we have injuries.

billnats

All Australian
Feb 4, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SMFC & Tottenham
For some reason I really like this pick, have admired how his brother has slotted in at Port and was always interested to see where he went.

Reading that he put on 6-7 kilos in a non professional environment for a skinny kid at 17-18 is quite impressive and bodes well for future development, especially with an AFL environment, nutrition and strength program.

Probably a needs based pick with his decision making, line breaking and strong kicking. If he can get to 75kg and is playing well I could see a debut late next year off a half back flank If we have injuries.
Are you just guessing they’re related?

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I really don’t know why we bothered trading down & give away our 3rd rounder for next year ?’
For Bergman & Curtis ?! GGF north
God you're a miserable sod. They haven't even played a game, let alone had a photo op in our guernsey, and you're already writing them off.

May 17, 2009
Melbourne , Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Yes . Was getting pushed off the ball rushing kicks with his lean physique…
Has that body that will never put on weight

I’ll back in the blokes that are paid to watch these kids more then a few times like punters on here. Poor form writing off an 18yo before he’s stepped in the doors.

I really don’t know why we bothered trading down & give away our 3rd rounder for next year ?’
For Bergman & Curtis ?! GGF north

Have you got some in depth knowledge about all of this RH? I’m presuming you’re not just shooting your mouth off for the hell of it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have you got some in depth knowledge about all of this RH? I’m presuming you’re not just shooting your mouth off for the hell of it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know most of this age group pretty well my boy (not quite up to draft level ) played with & against a lot of this age group at club & school level from u12 to last season

Last edited:

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
39B0C7C0-455D-4931-BCA1-D0280765F5FF.png

If i'm not first aboard, i'm right up the front of the Bergman bus, lol at those reading his old bio and assuming 65kg is correct, i heard him interviewed by Dwayne last week, and as well as declaring his love of Nth, said he realised he had to put on some size and engaged a personal trainer and a dietician, and had already gained about 7kg, took most of the kick in's for his team and averaged a goal a game, kicking is a big plus, welcome to Nth Miller.

Back