Past #27: Nathan O'Keefe - drafted with #59 in the '08 ND - delisted at end '10 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Last seen robbing Phillyroo's son whilst Phillyroo was stealing training information

tyrone-biggums-stealing-o.gif

I work in construction and one day a couple of years back I inducted an apprentice plumber who just so happend to be Nathan Okeefe. I asked him who he followed and he pointed himself out on the north team poster i had hanging on the wall. He was a really friendly bloke and loved chatting with me about North. Last I heard he was playing for Lilydale. shame about his issues as he was a nice guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I work in construction and one day a couple of years back I inducted an apprentice plumber who just so happend to be Nathan Okeefe. I asked him who he followed and he pointed himself out on the north team poster i had hanging on the wall. He was a really friendly bloke and loved chatting with me about North. Last I heard he was playing for Lilydale. shame about his issues as he was a nice guy.

I'd say almost every kid that bombs out are nice kids, I think it would be extremely hard for dickheads to excel in a team sport. Kids don't make it because they have problems with maturity or commitment to working hard enough or just lack the belief or are no good. It is sad but professional sports is very demanding and not for everyone who was good as a kid.

is the poster still there?

For those wondering why he was ever delisted after showing such promise, there is a post in a thread from the Main Board from a long while ago which seems to confirm the story long rumoured to be true:

Stole players wallets. Currently playing for lilydale my mate yelled it out to him one day. He promptly told him to get stuffed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back