Player Watch #27: Sam "Clutch" Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

See ya Sam.
The best 'almost good enough' player to ever pull the boots on for the Tiges (that I saw).
Hope you don't kick your next match winner against us.

Yep loved this fella , thought he should’ve played more , Castagna fir som reason was persisted with . Good luck Sam.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A really smart footballer that will do well in a team where he fits. The dogs have done well. He'll finish his career remembered as a good player by the Footscray faithful.

And good luck to him. He deserves to play AFL regularly.

Not really, we played tired and injured players instead of fresh players busting to play.
I’d choose second option all the time.
We played players that probably shouldn’t have played. Yes. But we played them because we thought that maximised our chance of winning. If Lloyd was considered to maximise our chances of winning, I have no issue with him being selected. I would have had an issue if we selected him as a bribe to get him to stay.

Not a bribe, but more like light at the end of the tunnel, when you get a game here there it can do a lot for a player, especially when you’re playing well in the twos, and there is hope. I’ll say this again and I’ve said it many times, we had players that have been playing below par and still keeping their spots in the ones. How do you think some of our guys feel when playing well when given a chance and then get dropped the following week?

players cover so much more ground that being below in a players fitnes doesn’t cut it any more

Sam Lloyd has retired to pursue another career. Good decision, thinking life after football

I'll always remember his kick after the siren.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back