Player Watch #27: Sam "Clutch" Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

38 goals from your first 21 AFL games is a little bit better than serviceable I would have thought.
I would say 35 - 40 goals a season is where you need your small fwds to be. He really needs to kick goals to make up for some other areas in his game.
26 yrs old that makes him a mature player, while im happy to concede that does not totally make up for his lack of afl experience it does mean he should be kicking his share of goals which he is doing.
I would hate to see his out put drop below what he is giving atm.

I would say 35 - 40 goals a season is where you need your small fwds to be. He really needs to kick goals to make up for some other areas in his game.
26 yrs old that makes him a mature player, while im happy to concede that does not totally make up for his lack of afl experience it does mean he should be kicking his share of goals which he is doing.
he has also played as a sub or gone off for the sub. I also say serviceable is a little harsh. Credit where its due, he can play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times can you watch the last 2 minutes of a game before it can be judged as not normal?

I am there.

If you're concerned that you've watched it too often to be normal any more, simply balance things out by replaying the last 2 two minutes of the Pies game a few times. You'll be back to normal after that for sure*

* assumes normal for a Tiges fan is sits somewhere between suicidal and depressed; otherwise keep popping those Lloyd pills it feels good!

Good enough to get you axed when the coach wants to bring in one of his half fit pets for an elimination final.
Was kinda ironic the guy Hardwick needlessly dropped for a final got him out of the crap!

I watched it all of Monday at work and part* of Tuesday. :D

*part = all :D

Update:

I have AFL access on my Telstra mobile and I have streamed the last qtr through the car stereo on my way home every night this week.

Makes for a good end to a crappy day every time :)

I'm starting to think that some folks don't rate Lloyd because he doesn't fit one of the usual labels.
He's not really a crumbing goal sneak, a mini power forward, a lightning quick opportunist...
But he just keeps kicking goals, important ones, difficult ones.
And he's getting better at it.
Maybe we've got something a bit unique on our hands?

He's already kicked something like 15 from the first 8 games (and that's in a team that has lost 6 of those 8 games) which by my calculations puts him on track to kick well over 30 goals, perhaps over 40.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back