Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Another (albeit harder, more multi-talented) Harper.

It will be a bonus if we ever see him for more than 5 games in a season ever again. I don't think we will, FWIW. And it's the biggest shame of all time. Even more so than Harps.

Harper was a more unfulfilled talent.

Not as much as Jes...

Nope. Not saying it.

Might buck the trend in my belief (or is that naive hope) that he will come good. And if he does, it will be on the back of some serious determination. Robbie Tarrant's elevation into the elite defender group must be partly due to his will to succeed in spite of the injuries. Taylor Garner seems a determined kid, so Im still a long way from writing him off. End of 2018 (= end of contract) is the line in the sand in my book.

Might buck the trend in my belief (or is that naive hope) that he will come good. And if he does, it will be on the back of some serious determination. Robbie Tarrant's elevation into the elite defender group must be partly due to his will to succeed in spite of the injuries. Taylor Garner seems a determined kid, so Im still a long way from writing him off. End of 2018 (= end of contract) is the line in the sand in my book.
Agree I'm optimistic but...
Hes just 23 last month so time is on his side.
Harper was delisted when he was 23. The club therefore probably rates Garner more than they rated Harper or see Taylor's injuries as more treatable. Suffice to say Garner needs to get his body right this year.

Harps injuries affected his confidence when he did get on the field. I'm not seeing this as an issue for Garner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back