Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes us better.

Hands like a vice. Tackles like someone stole something from him. Arrogant, talented, hard-as-nails prick of a footballer. Two clutch goals on the run. Covers the ground stunningly well for a guy with an interrupted pre-season. We missed him last week.

I would donate my hamstrings to him if that were medically possible or viable.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i was sitting behind the Ponsford goals where we were warming up and TG must have missed 1 in 3 practise set shots - i thought this is not going to be good - then he nails those 2 important shots on the run - just fantastic for his confidence - needs to translate that into set shots now. How was that tackle on the boundary in the last...he knows how to stick tackles that's for sure.

deano28

Club Legend
May 21, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
melbourne victory , aussie cricket
Ex players speak of a game that Dennis Pagan used to play called who wants it ?? where Dennis would kick the ball 40m & get 2 players to go 1v1 to retrieve it by hook or by crook it didn't matter . Invariably the bloke who wanted it most would get the ball back to Dennis . Both players would be completely knackered by the end of it after around 2 or 3 mins of multiple efforts .

I feel if they played this game now I'd be backing Garner would be the man .

Very, very good game. He makes stuff happen. Strong as an ox overhead. He is massively important to us for the next 5-6 years.

Edit: BTW love his understated celebrations. Kind of like "Yeah, I'm the s**t. Next."

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ex players speak of a game that Dennis Pagan used to play called who wants it ?? where Dennis would kick the ball 40m & get 2 players to go 1v1 to retrieve it by hook or by crook it didn't matter . Invariably the bloke who wanted it most would get the ball back to Dennis . Both players would be completely knackered by the end of it after around 2 or 3 mins of multiple efforts .

I feel if they played this game now I'd be backing Garner would be the man .

Trick borrowed from Barassi. Old school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oct 7, 2009
The Y Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Him and Kayne regularly turning in 20 possession games now.
Was actually KTs first 20 possession game for the season, hard to believe i know, was also the first game without kicking a goal. I much prefer the higher possession game, we need his skills around the ground, like we had with boomer. apologies for hijacking the garns thread:$

deano28

Club Legend
May 21, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
melbourne victory , aussie cricket
I remember that drill when I used to play.

And I still recall nothing was more frustrating than getting the ball, and the coach deliberately sidestepping the pass back so we'd have to keep going.
We did it also , but lucky for us the coach only handballed 5-10m away . Didn't roost it 40m like Dennis .

Apr 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Underrated play was on the half-back flank in a one vs. two - wraps Hunt (I think) up in a tackle and puts him over the line. Turned an inside 50 against into a throw-in.

Good things happen when he is around the ball. It is that simple.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Was actually KTs first 20 possession game for the season, hard to believe i know, was also the first game without kicking a goal. I much prefer the higher possession game, we need his skills around the ground, like we had with boomer. apologies for hijacking the garns thread:$

First of his career actually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back