Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Any mail on the foot? Glad it isn't a hammy though.
He was with the main group for most of training on Thursday and left the track a bit early. You'd have to think if it was even remotely serious they wouldn't have sent him out to train leading into a nothing game. Though Preuss was out there to help make up the numbers and W80 was there looking like he was making a last ditch effort to get up.

One of the more impressive guys this year! Made huge inroads into becoming a consistent AFL footballer.

I had doubts as whether he would be able to find the footy enough on a consistent basis to be a mainstay at AFL level (factoring in his injury history as well). But he well and truly proved me wrong this year with a number of games over 20 possessions. His marking and tackling was unreal.

If he wants to take his game to the next level though he is probably going to have to consistently hit the scoreboard more often. Needs to get that goalkicking average up a bit more. He had a lot of missed goal kicking opportunities this year that he should have converted.

Do people seeing pushing into the midfield? or is half forward going to be his position?

Hopefully now that he has completed a pre-season he'll be able to get a bit more training load into his body this pre-season so that he can push a bit harder (with confidence) during games. With his fend off and mongrel, he could provide a bit of x-factor in bursts if he did get to play as a centre square midfielder.

I see one of him, Jake and Stringer ar each centre bounce.

In all seriousness, it'll be nice to be able to do ya best 22 and put him in rather than hope he'll be there at some stage.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

One of the more impressive guys this year! Made huge inroads into becoming a consistent AFL footballer.

I had doubts as whether he would be able to find the footy enough on a consistent basis to be a mainstay at AFL level (factoring in his injury history as well). But he well and truly proved me wrong this year with a number of games over 20 possessions. His marking and tackling was unreal.

If he wants to take his game to the next level though he is probably going to have to consistently hit the scoreboard more often. Needs to get that goalkicking average up a bit more. He had a lot of missed goal kicking opportunities this year that he should have converted.

Do people seeing pushing into the midfield? or is half forward going to be his position?

Hopefully now that he has completed a pre-season he'll be able to get a bit more training load into his body this pre-season so that he can push a bit harder (with confidence) during games. With his fend off and mongrel, he could provide a bit of x-factor in bursts if he did get to play as a centre square midfielder.
I can see, and hope, he rotates through the middle. I could see, for example, him and Jack rotating a bit in that regard. Not sure of the percentages, but it would be a major departure to see Jack as a full-time forward, and Garner as a full-time mid.

I see one of him, Jake and Stringer ar each centre bounce.

In all seriousness, it'll be nice to be able to do ya best 22 and put him in rather than hope he'll be there at some stage.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Its good to see what he could finally offer playing a full season, lets hope (like Tarrant) that his injury concerns are well and truly behind him

Fantastic year from garns

I was surprised by both his ability to accumulate 20 + possessions and his marking. Other than that grab against Richmond in the final I can't recall any big grabs before this year when all of a sudden he was taking one a week. Also surprised at his pace, when he puts his head down he really goes.

Needs to get fitter and stronger and should be a top 5 player for years to come.

Was just thinking about Garner earlier today, we must all have our cycles in sync.

Agree with all of the above. One of the few with levels of natural talent that qualify him as potential gamebreaker. Surprised a few of us by the look of it by breaking the Kieran Harper ceiling and exceeding 8 deadly possessions.

Fingers crossed the sticky tape keeps holding him together and we can see what a combination of him, Turner, Jy et al can do as part of a mid/HF rotation.

Wonderful year. Up there with Marley and BBB for our best story of 2017. I see him playing 20% on ball 60% half forward where he pushes up high to provide marking options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh tremendous. I have stopped wearing my jumper to games in recent years, but given it has 6 on the back, and I am genuinely in love with TG, it might come back out to play.

He’s a no nonsense country type like Cunnington. I like have country based players.

Nah, he's a no nonsense outer suburban boy - article says Endeavour Hills, but I have also seen it reported that he grew up in Rowville.

Nah, he's a no nonsense outer suburban boy - article says Endeavour Hills, but I have also seen it reported that he grew up in Rowville.
Played for Rowville, grew up in EH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back