Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow - signed to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, the problem is even if he does, his slight frame will get worn down, so needs to add extra string to his bow pretty quickly
Yep too slow for his body weight and shape which makes him very limited. What this extra bow is really unknown to me as he's too short and not strong enough to play a tall position, can't jump to save himself so useless for wing/hf/hb and he's also very slight and slow. When you think about it he's really got an empty bag of tricks .

Last edited:

Dow doesn't have tools at AFL level. it's that simple there are players that aren't bulls that make it in the middle, but they have other assets.
Matthew Bingo GIF

Dow is a very similar build to Zak Butters, but Butters is a tough little bastard with good foot skills, can get outside ball and kick goals. Dow can't do anything except feed the ball out from a pack with his hands.

Sorry, I think people are getting confused. Edwards is an example of a slight build whose first 47 games were poo. I remember the times .. he was close to being delisted and most Tiger supporters wouldn’t have blinked an eye if he was. He showed occasional glimpses but overall was a very poor player in his early years.

So I’m making the point Dow should be preserved with. He is showing potential and has some great attributes which should benefit the team as he gains confidence. He’s highly unlikely to ever reach Edwards heights … but his first 22-games are far superior to those played by Edwards.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I didn;t think his first 47 games were poo tho. I thought he showed clear skills, and elite upside - was just super small, slight. He showed he could always play IMO, just size was an issue.

I'm not sure Dow has the ability to impact games in a serious way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back