Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow - signed to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw something last night... moves really well. Something to work with for sure!
Agree 100 %
is very clean below his knees
Has great acceleration out of stoppage and his 10 or so contested possessions shows his willingness to win his own ball
Just needs a little more composure gave the ball to guys who were hot on occasions but a lot to work with really the kid has played only a handful of games and has a cool head so the composure will come

Not sure if this was my eyes playing tricks on me, but has Dow caught up to Ralphsmith's height? Watching the song after the game, they were standing next to each other and it looked like there was nothing between them!

Hadn't seen anything to excite me before last night, but showed some great signs. Some nice steps, some nice kicks. Something to work with!

Thought the same thing - was like - who the hell is that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would want to pull the finger if we are passing on tom Mitchell
Really not alot he could do with no VFL games and limited exposure at AFL for him

I like what i have seen from him but just looked a little nervous but nothing another 20-30 games wont fix
looks a smart player

Would want to pull the finger if we are passing on tom Mitchell
And Tom Mitchell was a young player once that wasn't backed, went to a new club, and has done okay since.
Not saying he will be Tom Mitchell, but you never know which players come up and have the skills to become A graders.

Reckon we have the talent in our developing players while there are so many good senior players still around. Maybe we won't win a flag next year, but we might a couple of years down the track. Not a fan of this Premiership window stuff. Geelong have been in that window for a decade nearly. Melbourne backed their youth/development program.

with Dow, RCD and Ross you seem to have three promising young mids coming through. if you only have a spot for one, which one would you take? RCD looks like he has a high ceiling, while Ross has the high floor but not sure about his ceiling. Dow seems to be in-between?

with Dow, RCD and Ross you seem to have three promising young mids coming through. if you only have a spot for one, which one would you take? RCD looks like he has a high ceiling, while Ross has the high floor but not sure about his ceiling. Dow seems to be in-between?
You missed our mentioning 2 players that have shown the most
Ralphsmith & Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back