Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow - signed to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Dow a chance to play this weekend with no structural damage to his knee

Dow was substituted out of the win over the Giants with a knee issue but could still be a chance to face the Saints this week after narrowly missing a more serious concern.

"Someone ran into the side of his leg at a centre bounce contest and got him in the quad, but his knee [went] inwards and he's quite hypermobile, so it saved him a bit. If that was slightly worse he might have done his ACL, but he had all the checks done and all of those things and then came good," Burge said.

"He's pulled up pretty well, but we'll need to wait and see when he starts moving around and running. I think he's a chance to be available."

Well we did lose a few ourselves
Ellis , Markov , Chol , Cj , Higgins , Butler along with some role players like Conca , Townsend , C.Ellis , Miles

Its amazing how when you are successful your discards find new homes compared to going out of the system
Wow. I'd completely forgotten about Markov. Was always optimistic he'd find a role with us.
Has he been able to get many games or play around at whichever s**t-heap he moved on to ?

Flexible knees. Seriously wtf is up with some people. My knees aren't flexible.

Kid's these days

Sounds like a really handy quirk to avoid the worst kind of footballing injuries.

LMAO having visions of club doctors grading potential draftees for their 'knee flexibility' among all the other benchmarks. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

23 touches, 7 clearances and 5 tackles going at 83% DE.

This kid is starting to really grow as a player, and probably still has a fair bit of improvement in him considering he's played fu** all footy in his first two years.
Wouldn’t be against trying to get his brother over for the right price

Been pushed out of Carlton’s midfield this season with the new recruits but he played some decent footy 2nd half of last season

23 touches, 7 clearances and 5 tackles going at 83% DE.

This kid is starting to really grow as a player, and probably still has a fair bit of improvement in him considering he's played fu** all footy in his first two years.

Yeah, really liked his game today.

Good balance and poise. His contested work is really pleasing, but needs a couple more preseasons to put some inside size on his outside frame.

A lot to work on, but a lot to work with.

Disposal need to lift, handballs to space a bit, but that should come with more games. At least he is starting to find it and has the toe to break away. Mind you Cotchin and Edwards handball to space a bit too at the moment.

He's out of contract and not getting a game
Should only need a token pick we won't use
These are the type of low cost, low-risk, reward opportunities to improve the list we should be looking at.

Report from the weekend from AFL website
"It’s a hard side to break into at present, but Paddy Dow continues to press for senior selection. The No.3 pick in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft turned in another strong performance in the Blues’ 46-point win against the Hawks at Box Hill City Oval, finishing with 30 touches and two goals."

-Good size, 187/85
-Former top 3 pick from 2017
-Will still only be 21 for the entirety of the 2022 season

I'd be on board

These are the type of low cost, low-risk, reward opportunities to improve the list we should be looking at.

"It’s a hard side to break into at present, but Paddy Dow continues to press for senior selection. The No.3 pick in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft turned in another strong performance in the Blues’ 46-point win against the Hawks at Box Hill City Oval, finishing with 30 touches and two goals."

-Good size, 187/85

I'd be on board
Hes a butcher of the footy but if he learns to play within his limitations he'd be a handy addition. Been a while since we had bros at the club.

-Good size, 187/85

I'd be on board
He turns 23 in october

Remove this Banner Ad

Back