Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a good feeling about Kyron.

Always have had.

Anyone named after a silver, channeled, winged horse is bound to do some amazing things.

Plus I met him at the family day in 2018 and he was good with the kids and a good kid to talk to himself.

Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
This bloke, TT and Zurhaar will make us very unpredictable forward of centre. If Mahoney looks the goods and/or Garner hits the ground running, we finally have a core group of X factor creatives.

I reckon it’s going to take him a while to get his touch back. Been nearly 18 months since he last played a game.

Not expecting him to push for selection until half way through the season
Agreed.

Needs to build that fitness, form and strength back up. I wouldn’t be upset if he plays nearly a full season of vfl and then breaks back into the best 22 late in the year.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've got a good feeling about Kyron.

Always have had.

Anyone named after a silver, channeled, winged horse is bound to do some amazing things.

Plus I met him at the family day in 2018 and he was good with the kids and a good kid to talk to himself.
He's a really good hardworking kid, a dream to coach.

A injury free run, i think we have found that diamond in the rough. Is very different , can not wait to see

He was pick 23.

Not exactly plucked from nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea I understand that, but none of the supposed experts had him in the top 50.
North must have seen something and they are on the money

For sure, agree on that.

I reckon it’s going to take him a while to get his touch back. Been nearly 18 months since he last played a game.

Not expecting him to push for selection until half way through the season
I thought the same thing when he was first drafted after looking at him, yet he was quickly in the best players in VFL and pushing for selection. I have a feeling that touch will come quickly to him, and he will be pushing for a game sooner than most think.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Didn't look too excited to play in the VFL. Think he's a pretty driven young man and won't be in the 2s for that long.

Interesting we all see things differently. I thought he mentioned VFL fairly methodically, acknowledging it as part of the pathway back to the obvious goal of AFL selection.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting we all see things differently. I thought he mentioned VFL fairly methodically, acknowledging it as part of the pathway back to the obvious goal of AFL selection.
His words: be in AFL contention as soon as possible. Didn't mean he was cracking the shits about VFL. He knows he ain't in the seniors round one but some guys talk about themselves as seconds players who need a chance to move up whereas I think Will sees himself as a temporarily inconvenienced AFL player (credit to Kurt Vonnegut).

His words: be in AFL contention as soon as possible. Didn't mean he was cracking the shits about VFL. He knows he ain't in the seniors round one but some guys talk about themselves as seconds players who need a chance to move up whereas I think Will sees himself as a temporarily inconvenienced AFL player (credit to Kurt Vonnegut).
Good attitude to me.

Fitness and staying injury free are the keys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back