Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Can he play off half back? We need a skilful halfback that is quick, can take a mark and is a good decision make. Just not sure what he's like one-on-one?
There seems to be a fair bit of competition for spots on the wing and half forward. He seems more likely than most others to potentially adapt to a half back role (compared to Garner, Wood, Zurhaar, Polec, Dumont, Scott, TT, C Taylor etc).
In saying that, I hate it when we try and turn good creative players in HBFers... But damn - we need to up our game in this area.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Can he play off half back? We need a skilful halfback that is quick, can take a mark and is a good decision make. Just not sure what he's like one-on-one?
There seems to be a fair bit of competition for spots on the wing and half forward. He seems more likely than most others to potentially adapt to a half back role (compared to Garner, Wood, Zurhaar, Polec, Dumont, Scott, TT, C Taylor etc).
In saying that, I hate it when we try and turn good creative players in HBFers... But damn - we need to up our game in this area.

I don’t think the hbf needs to be seen as the domain of the dour anymore. Good teams have a creative playmaker stationed there.

Yep, his warm ups are awesome. ;)

Guilty, as charged, Kimbo. I’ve been a huge fan of Will from the first time I saw him playing against Collingwood in a 2018 pre-season VFL game. I was taking so much interest in him that one of the North officials asked me if I was his father. So, I adopted him there and then - lucky his real parents didn’t spot me or I might have received a “cease and desist” order. 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Guilty, as charged, Kimbo. I’ve been a huge fan of Will from the first time I saw him playing against Collingwood in a 2028 pre-season VFL game.

Got a few questions. PM me.

images

I don’t think the hbf needs to be seen as the domain of the dour anymore. Good teams have a creative playmaker stationed there.
That's my point. WW would be a creative playmaker off HB. Good of both feet, strong over the ball, great skills and good decision maker. He seems to have an allround game that could work in that regard, while also being a great playmaker. Seems smart too.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Guilty, as charged, Kimbo. I’ve been a huge fan of Will from the first time I saw him playing against Collingwood in a 2028 pre-season VFL game. I was taking so much interest in him that one of the North officials asked me if I was his father. So, I adopted him there and then - lucky his real parents didn’t spot me or I might have received a “cease and desist” order. 🤣

How about you just name and drive the Walker-mobile, if it isn’t already claimed? Much less, um, fanboi?!

How about you just name and drive the Walker-mobile, if it isn’t already claimed? Much less, um, fanboi?!

Since the best/one of the best Johnny Walker is Blue Label and he plays for North, perhaps we should just call him “Blue”. So, I’m driving the Blue Bus... Or “Whisky”.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He actually looks like he has developed a real base of muscle on his frame. Not bulging muscles, he will never be that, but I think he has a real solid foundation now to be hard and tough.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nek minnit, fractured coccyx, 2 weeks.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He actually looks like he has developed a real base of muscle on his frame. Not bulging muscles, he will never be that, but I think he has a real solid foundation now to be hard and tough.
A bit more bulk across the top might be good.

Back