Player Watch #27: Will Walker - debut Rd 19, injured his knee Rd 22

AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember reading an article where Nathan Burke (ex St Kilda player) said Will Walker will be close to the best player from this draft year. This comment was made in jan/feb. he had an association with Will from Sandringham.
Just looks like he knows where to run and where to get the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

arden station

All Australian
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A real natural sportsman - moves really well and has good hand eye coordination. Great agility and speed. Clearly is very balanced and strong through the core/legs which is way more important than having beach weight guns etc. So don't go weighing him down with ten extra kilos. We need players who are agile and can run, especially considering we have so few of them.

Roosurgence

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Walker’s last part of the season has given me hope we have a good player on our hands here.

Another preaseason and some time in the gym will hopefully see him become a regular best 22 player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MVFC, Storm, Everton, Socceroos
Moderator #689
Commentators said after the game that the docs thought it was just a bad hyperextension but no structural/ligament damage.
Bloody lucky if so. A decent rest followed by a good uninterrupted preseason and we'll have ourselves a very good player in this kid.

Pykie

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
To me, Will looks like a player in the mould of Gaff. Smart, knows where the pill is going, little bit of unsuspecting pace and creative skills. Similar body shape aswell... Both run funny.
I actually see a bit of Collingwood-era Dale Thomas (minus a bit of the razzle dazzle and shit peroxide hair) in him.

Quick enough, rangy, good skills and x-factor around the ball and when he has it, gets to good spots.

Benj7

Retired from bigfooty possible return in 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bone bruising I would most likely miss. I’d be filthy if he did more damage this week just get him right for round one 2019.

Top Bottom