Player Watch #27: Will Walker - debut Rd 19, injured his knee Rd 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DarkPhoenix

Cont-Roo-Versial
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
ManCity, Cardinals, Avalanche
I actually see a bit of Collingwood-era Dale Thomas (minus a bit of the razzle dazzle and shit peroxide hair) in him.

Quick enough, rangy, good skills and x-factor around the ball and when he has it, gets to good spots.
Accurate summation really. Now you've pointed it out it makes a lot of sense.

BRider

Senior List
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah Dale Thomas was a very good player until he got Blued. Will has so much potential as people have pointed out he has that X Factor. He is going to be a very good player. Great pick up in the draft and I remember Pykie saying he trended very similar to the Bont is the last half of the TAC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shinboner magic

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

B Tron

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The thing i like most about this kid is that he seems to have beautiful balance. Combined with agility and decent game sense this is what buys players time. Add that to good skills and decision making and you have a bloody good player. Will has shown enough in limited viewing for me to get very excited about his future.

see see

And don't forget the joker...
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Deportivo Wanka
The thing i like most about this kid is that he seems to have beautiful balance. Combined with agility and decent game sense this is what buys players time. Add that to good skills and decision making and you have a bloody good player. Will has shown enough in limited viewing for me to get very excited about his future.
Steele Sidebottom is a great example of this. It's like time stands still when he gets the ball in hand. He always seems to have the time and space to find the right option.

Early signs are that Walker has similar traits. If he turns out half as good as Sidebottom, we'll have ourselves a very good footballer.

B Tron

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Steele Sidebottom is a great example of this. It's like time stands still when he gets the ball in hand. He always seems to have the time and space to find the right option.

Early signs are that Walker has similar traits. If he turns out half as good as Sidebottom, we'll have ourselves a very good footballer.
Yeah for sure.

There is also a fluidity to his movement as well. He scored a goal versus Sandy where he intercepted the kick in from 10 meters in one outstretched hand and slammed it through on the right. He made it look simple. Its littlen things like this type of movement that can separate good players from excellent players.

Heaps of fun

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love seeing first year mids taking overhead grabs and I reckon Will took one in every game he played.

Mr north man

All Australian
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Real moneyball type. Would have gone top 10 if he had a chin.
I want Walker to be giving every opportunity in 2019 don't treat him like a Williams Preuss Neilson or anyone else Coach Brad Scott if he starts in VFL and starts well straight into the AFL .
If he has a bad game or 2 don't dump him as guys like McMillian Turner and McDonald have played bad games and are not dropped.
So Will Walker I hope you take your chances and don't get caught up in the Hype and hopefully one day in the future your name is on your locker with 200+ games and Premiership Player.

Passmore

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I want Walker to be giving every opportunity in 2019 don't treat him like a Williams Preuss Neilson or anyone else Coach Brad Scott if he starts in VFL and starts well straight into the AFL .
If he has a bad game or 2 don't dump him as guys like McMillian Turner and McDonald have played bad games and are not dropped.
So Will Walker I hope you take your chances and don't get caught up in the Hype and hopefully one day in the future your name is on your locker with 200+ games and Premiership Player.
Seriously, if they’re good enough they get every chance. Will looks like a gem. He’ll be playing.

I really don’t understand this bullshit about players not getting opportunities.

Top Bottom