Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

A real natural sportsman - moves really well and has good hand eye coordination. Great agility and speed. Clearly is very balanced and strong through the core/legs which is way more important than having beach weight guns etc. So don't go weighing him down with ten extra kilos. We need players who are agile and can run, especially considering we have so few of them.

Any news on the extent of his knee?

Any news on the extent of his knee?
Commentators said after the game that the docs thought it was just a bad hyperextension but no structural/ligament damage.

They'll grab a scan once they get back to Melbourne I'd assume

Commentators said after the game that the docs thought it was just a bad hyperextension but no structural/ligament damage.

Bloody lucky if so. A decent rest followed by a good uninterrupted preseason and we'll have ourselves a very good player in this kid.

To me, Will looks like a player in the mould of Gaff. Smart, knows where the pill is going, little bit of unsuspecting pace and creative skills. Similar body shape aswell... Both run funny.

I actually see a bit of Collingwood-era Dale Thomas (minus a bit of the razzle dazzle and s**t peroxide hair) in him.

Quick enough, rangy, good skills and x-factor around the ball and when he has it, gets to good spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bone bruising I would most likely miss. I’d be filthy if he did more damage this week just get him right for round one 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back