Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

He has the look of the young recruit who gets scoffed at by the vets when he rocks up to the front. "Won't last a week".

Next minute is awarded a VC for "storming an enemy machine gun post and eliminating its defenders with the use of an entrenching tool."

Am very excited about Walker.

I reckon The Footy Gods intervened to stop his knee blowing fully out, they like the way he goes about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has the look of the young recruit who gets scoffed at by the vets when he rocks up to the front. "Won't last a week".

Next minute is awarded a VC for "storming an enemy machine gun post and eliminating its defenders with the use of an entrenching tool."

Speaking of. My grandads grandfather did that against a German machine gun nest - without the entrenching tool part (and it was the Military Medal back then). Can't even imagine how insanely desperate and terrifying that would be. He had some insane level courage, from memory had a fellow soldier injured as well on another occasion who told him to leave him as he was done for. He told him they were both going or both staying and dragged him out. Crazy times.

Am very excited about Walker.

I reckon The Footy Gods intervened to stop his knee blowing fully out, they like the way he goes about it.

This all true but please tell me you haven't been talking him up on the main board yet?

This all true but please tell me you haven't been talking him up on the main board yet?

If we don't get people dressing up in Game of Thrones themed outfits as the White Walkers when this kid hits it big we are simply not trying as a club.

Speaking of. My grandads grandfather did that against a German machine gun nest - without the entrenching tool part (and it was the Military Medal back then). Can't even imagine how insanely desperate and terrifying that would be. He had some insane level courage, from memory had a fellow soldier injured as well on another occasion who told him to leave him as he was done for. He told him they were both going or both staying and dragged him out. Crazy times.
We've all had weekends like that though.

Incredible courage. War truly is hell especially the battlefields of WW1.

My grandfather was awarded the Military Medal in WW1. Your post prompted me to seek out his service records and found the description of what the award was for. I posted it in the random thoughts thread.

From memory the Military Medal was the second highest award for gallantry available to non officers after the Victoria Cross. I believe that the Military Medal was replaced by the Military Cross.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Incredible courage. War truly is hell especially the battlefields of WW1.

My grandfather was awarded the Military Medal in WW1. Your post prompted me to seek out his service records and found the description of what the award was for. I posted it in the random thoughts thread.

From memory the Military Medal was the second highest award for gallantry available to non officers after the Victoria Cross. I believe that the Military Medal was replaced by the Military Cross.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

F*** it. Blackshadow is my cousin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back