Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

Nahhhh.. I remember the game last year where the poor fella was almost in tears from being winded. Good luck to the kid. Wish him all the best

Oh please!

Nahhhh.. I remember the game last year where the poor fella was almost in tears from being winded. Good luck to the kid. Wish him all the best

Ridiculous comment.

Can we just give Will some love here as he departs our great club, the family club that he fought for as well as was able, through thousands of hours of training, all the painful rehab and all the passion he could muster while trying to make his way as an AFL footballer.

It didn't work out for him as he, or we all would have liked but let's just grow up here and forget about the what ifs, in terms of his draft selection.
I've only seen Will up close at training and he seems a great guy and unfortunately he was dealt a bad hand. Let's show him some respect and good will and make our last words in regards to Will Walker good ones.

RF08's Season Review

Games Played: 0
Avg Disposals: 0
Goals: Nil
Stat Highlights: Nil

Best Game
Nil

Summary

After an injury interrupted 2020 Will Walker found himself delisted and off the senior list. The club however, committed to taking him as our final rookie selection. Being the last selection on the 2021 list he faced an uphill battle to cement himself in the senior side. Despite a relatively un interrupted pre-season WW would start the year in the VFL. Every time he started to gain some form he would miss a week or two either due to covid or to injury niggles. A number of VFL watchers noticed that he seemed to be hampered by the knee injury that curtailed his 2019 season. He failed to push for selection and was hit with a 2 week isolation ban after attending a rugby match which was a tier 1 exposure site. With no VFL to end the season he had no more chances to push his case to be retained. Ultimately, WW failed to fire a shot this year and has subsequently been delisted. I feel the PCL injury ultimately robbed him of his ability to play footy to his potential. A real shame because early days he did show some potential despite being relatively raw. Best of luck in the future Will.

Can we just give Will some love here as he departs our great club, the family club that he fought for as well as was able, through thousands of hours of training, all the painful rehab and all the passion he could muster while trying to make his way as an AFL footballer.

It didn't work out for him as he, or we all would have liked but let's just grow up here and forget about the what ifs, in terms of his draft selection.
I've only seen Will up close at training and he seems a great guy and unfortunately he was dealt a bad hand. Let's show him some respect and good will and make our last words in regards to Will Walker good ones.

Blithesome our hearts are and free is our fancy….

Never have those words held such meaning.

All the best WW.

Blithesome our hearts are and free is our fancy….

Never have those words held such meaning.

All the best WW.

These words brought back a lot of memories ...

I was very very excited when he was recruited being, and even more so when he showed that he had the skill and the composure to play at the highest level. Maybe he can go back to the Unicorns and lead them up the grades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gotta love it. this guy looked absolutely insipid in the vfl last season for us. he lloked overweight slow and didnt put in. Yet plays vfl against us and he plays like he did and didnt look anything like last year. wtf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back