Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I'm glad Will came back for a couple of games just to halt his incredible career trajectory that was occurring without actually playing a game.

He went from encouraging debut to Rising Star candidate to Daniel Wells to Keith Greig to Pele all in 18 months. Had he stayed off a bit longer, he probably would've ended up out-earning Michael Jordan while heading up NATO.
Excuse me, I believe that should be to Pele to Keith Greig.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Formerly '7577969919'
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm glad Will came back for a couple of games just to halt his incredible career trajectory that was occurring without actually playing a game.

He went from encouraging debut to Rising Star candidate to Daniel Wells to Keith Greig to Pele all in 18 months. Had he stayed off a bit longer, he probably would've ended up out-earning Michael Jordan while heading up NATO.
So Turner is just about All Australian by now...

Jasemon

All Australian
Dec 27, 2011
Brunswick
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the million dollar question and we're all thinking it. Does he get another contract? Personally there's been enough positive vibe from the club that I would think a resounding yes however he may be one of the players at risk if the AFL decides to reduce list sizes. With some continuity he will be a star IMO so I'll be gutted if he's not kept on.

nelroo

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the million dollar question and we're all thinking it. Does he get another contract? Personally there's been enough positive vibe from the club that I would think a resounding yes however he may be one of the players at risk if the AFL decides to reduce list sizes. With some continuity he will be a star IMO so I'll be gutted if he's not kept on.
IMO he should be okay for a contract for next year. I could list a dozen that should be shown the door before him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Damn you Footy Gods! You’ve hated us since 2016. Gives us a break in 2021, please!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's probably got a twinge & Rhyce has mothballed him along with a few others mate.

There's high draft picks to be had, and nothing really to be gained.;)

Caracas

Premium Gold
Apr 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Kildare

Caracas

Premium Gold
Apr 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Kildare
One of Will’s last acts before he got the knock in the second quarter was a sublime kick down the wing that, unfortunately, missed its intended target by a couple of centimetres. I’m really looking forward to him nailing those next season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
Will Walker has been ruled out for 4-6 weeks with a high-grade hamstring injury, but Shaw saw real positives from the out-of-contract youngster before his latest setback.

"I was actually really disappointed that young Will Walker did his hamstring because he showed some really good signs last week that he was someone that we could build around and hopefully he gets an opportunity," Shaw said.

LuvtheKangas

Goodbye and thanks, Maj
Mar 11, 2006
17th
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will Walker has been ruled out for 4-6 weeks with a high-grade hamstring injury, but Shaw saw real positives from the out-of-contract youngster before his latest setback.

"I was actually really disappointed that young Will Walker did his hamstring because he showed some really good signs last week that he was someone that we could build around and hopefully he gets an opportunity," Shaw said.
That last phrase bothers me. Surely Will is 100% a required player.

SammyRoo

Senior List
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I watched allot of the 2018 VFL season where W.Walker, Zurhaar and Larkey were all cutting their teeth. Walker was easily as talented and capable as the other 2.

I remember thinking the 3 of them will be a bit part of the future.

Top Bottom