Player Watch #27: Will Walker - hamstring injury vs Brisbane Rd12

Remove this Banner Ad

Devington

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Speaking about wanting to 'build around' a player is pretty high praise tbh.

I've still got some nagging worries about a contract, but I feel better about it considering Shaw has expressed how happy he was with what Will was bringing to the field.

Billy Not Really

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't know how you could have interpreted what Rhyce said as anything other than Will gets another contract.

He's been a valued player since his first game, he brings something to this team that literally nobody else on our team brings, and its not easy to explain but you see it when he plays.

His positioning, patterns and ways to get involved even just in his last game were abundantly clear, he manages to always put himself in to a position where he can get involved even on a poor day out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LuvtheKangas

Goodbye and thanks, Maj
Mar 11, 2006
17th
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't know how you could have interpreted what Rhyce said as anything other than Will gets another contract.

He's been a valued player since his first game, he brings something to this team that literally nobody else on our team brings, and its not easy to explain but you see it when he plays.

His positioning, patterns and ways to get involved even just in his last game were abundantly clear, he manages to always put himself in to a position where he can get involved even on a poor day out.
Agree, but the first quote of what Rhyce said was incomplete and seemed equivocal. All good once you see the full quote.

Psicosis

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rhys loves him, certain to get another contract.

Just needs to get the body right, don't have a lot of confidence in our current S&C/Medical team getting him right, but that's not his fault.

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm what basis are you not a fan?

Off such a small sample size how have you reached that conclusion? Genuine question.
for me hes too soft, doesnt have an afl ready body and probably will always be too slight, has also been unlucky with injury, but at a point its his body not being up to it vs luck
I just don't think he will make it at the level

even in the vfl he was never doing anything special

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

I’m surprised it’s even a discussion point. You’re right he’s just a smart footballer. It’s been mentioned more than once by coaches. One interview pointed out his input into team meetings as a youngster. Rick pointed out last week how his positioning allowed us to keep our shape.

ChoppyGun

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
for me hes too soft, doesnt have an afl ready body and probably will always be too slight, has also been unlucky with injury, but at a point its his body not being up to it vs luck

Righto.

I think that's extremely harsh (and I strongly disagree as I think very talented) but you're entitled to your opinion.

Last edited:

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
Locker #1
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Body not being up to it? He’s had one soft tissue injury in his career and it occurred last weekend. Or are you implying that a f’ed PCL is something that he could have prevented?

And he was kicking bags in the VFL before he debuted mate. Your opinions on our players remains as baffling as ever.

the flying ham

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

What VFL mate? He has barely played in a couple years. I often wonder whether you are legitimately trolling this board sometimes with your Cam McCarthy trade ideas and now reference to WW VFL

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

LuvtheKangas

Goodbye and thanks, Maj
Mar 11, 2006
17th
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What VFL mate? He has barely played in a couple years. I often wonder whether you are legitimately trolling this board sometimes with your Cam McCarthy trade ideas and now reference to WW VFL

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's just an unbelievably sh*t judge of football.

Top Bottom