Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

WW has looked good in every one of his AFL games. Of course he stays on the list...he is a big part of our future.
He has had a collision injury that’s kept him out for 2 years and now he is struggling to stay on the park but surely this doesn’t turn into something chronic? We just can’t be that unlucky.

Really like the way Will can get down quick, extract a loose ball and get a clean handball to the outside. Didn't see this as a big part of his game but understand why they were playing him as inside mid in the scratchies - hope he's back soon.

It’s fair to say DuckYeah has made his thoughts abundantly clear on Will at this early stage. He reckons Will is a soft player. So, what does everyone else think? Is Will the new Shane Harvey? I’ve been on the Walker train from the get go, so I’m a bit biased. He, obviously, shipped a fair old hit later in the second quarter and didn’t impact the game after that. There’s no doubt he’s never going to be a Zurhaar or Jed type of player. I guess he’s built and plays more like Polec. However, I see him as being a cleverer version of Jared.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s fair to say DuckYeah has made his thoughts abundantly clear on Will at this early stage. He reckons Will is a soft player. So, what does everyone else think? Is Will the new Shane Harvey? I’ve been on the Walker train from the get go, so I’m a bit biased. He, obviously, shipped a fair old hit later in the second quarter and didn’t impact the game after that. There’s no doubt he’s never going to be a Zurhaar or Jed type of player. I guess he’s built and plays more like Polec. However, I see him as being a cleverer version of Jared.

I actually think he is one of our smartest players

i'll echo the soft call, part of that is due to his lack of body size id assume and maybe even his soccer background
Keen to see the next time he has to put the body on the line and how he responds

i'll echo the soft call, part of that is due to his lack of body size id assume and maybe even his soccer background
Keen to see the next time he has to put the body on the line and how he responds

I’ve just reviewed the “soft effort” period. From what I can see, Will tried to knock the ball to one of our guys but caught the Brisbane player high. The umpire called advantage and the Lions player kicked inside 50. Will then worked behind the ball and actually cleared the ball outside the 50. However, Derwayne, in his wisdom, miscalled it. He mistook Jack Mahony for Will and said “another chance for Walker to make amends, he ran past it”. Will was the one who actually cleared it. Will got a couple of more possessions after that. On one occasion, Jed accidentally blocked Will’s kick. It’s not completely clear how he got injured. He gets tackled and must have banged his head. I haven’t reviewed the second half, so don’t know how he did his hammy.

he won't be like zurhaar but i think he will be a good compliment for him.

Reckon he will also gain some of that body-on-body confidence after a few games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is in charge of the strength and conditioning, these plyaers get injured with a bump? This is like telling a tank has broken down after having a few bricks thrown at it....

Who is in charge of the strength and conditioning, these plyaers get injured with a bump? This is like telling a tank has broken down after having a few bricks thrown at it....
Have you ever actually played a contact sport or rehabbed from a significant joint injury? Your comments display zero insight.

Think hes shown enough in his 2 games to be given a 1 year contract extension.
I really hope so.

I'd be surprised if it were ever in doubt. He's a serious talent who's been sh*t out of luck.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
The two things which have me worried are repeat injuries and such a small sample size of him playing that Shaw and Rawlings have seen first hand. Just have this sick feeling in my gut that he's not as safe as we assume.

He and EVW are two of the smartest and composed players we have IMO, and it's borderline criminal they've had so little chance to show it due to injuries.

whats with all the contract talk. it never occurred to me for one second that he might not receive another contract offer.

he is one of our best young prospects. i have him on the very highest tier of our young talent along with jy, ldu, and scott. its a real shame about all the injuries though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back