Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s fair to say DuckYeah has made his thoughts abundantly clear on Will at this early stage. He reckons Will is a soft player. So, what does everyone else think? Is Will the new Shane Harvey? I’ve been on the Walker train from the get go, so I’m a bit biased. He, obviously, shipped a fair old hit later in the second quarter and didn’t impact the game after that. There’s no doubt he’s never going to be a Zurhaar or Jed type of player. I guess he’s built and plays more like Polec. However, I see him as being a cleverer version of Jared.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Totally agree, he's the Polec, Higgins type. You can't have team of Jed's and zurhaars

Any idea on how long he's out for? Need to be getting as many games as we can into the young guys with our season completely cooked

I came here to ask the same thing. It looked to me that the ice was on the outside of his thigh, so might have been a corkie rather than a hammie?

I suppose we'll get an update in the next couple of days, but hoping he's not finished for the season, even though 2021 and on is the real focus.

I think the scans were yesterday (Tuesday). Either way, I assume the club has now seen them and they are not rushing to tell the public. I don't know whether that's good or bad news, though.
If it was a 3-4 weeker I said its a good hammy to do as he can go about working on and building his core almost immediately.
But * if its off the bone Id honestly be shattered for him.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
we could have, but preferred Atley, and as a bonus, we thought we were getting the second version of Isaac from the same north ballarat premiership team, to wit, one Cam Richardson

I followed NB in the VFL and really rated Richardson. Would have preferred Smith but I had no idea there'd be such a gulf between them.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I follow NB in the VFL and really rated Richardson. Would have preferred Smith but I had no idea there'd be such a gulf between them.
couldn't agree more; I was at the VFL grand final that year - as you know, Roosters won comfortably, and if you had to take two running players from either team (I think it was Port, with Nahas playing for them before he went to Richmond?), you'd have gone for Smith and Richardson - they were that closely matched. I remember Richardson streaming through the middle at one point, running on top of the ground/ As you say, when they both hit the big time, didn't quite turn out the same

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think the scans were yesterday (Tuesday). Either way, I assume the club has now seen them and they are not rushing to tell the public. I don't know whether that's good or bad news, though.
Silence is definitely not good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
couldn't agree more; I was at the VFL grand final that year - as you know, Roosters won comfortably, and if you had to take two running players from either team (I think it was Port, with Nahas playing for them before he went to Richmond?), you'd have gone for Smith and Richardson - they were that closely matched. I remember Richardson streaming through the middle at one point, running on top of the ground/ As you say, when they both hit the big time, didn't quite turn out the same

Richardson's body let him down unfortunately. Couldn't get a good run at it.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I followed NB in the VFL and really rated Richardson. Would have preferred Smith but I had no idea there'd be such a gulf between them.

There wasn't.

Cam had major injury issues initially, and then developed attitude issues.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I'm glad Will came back for a couple of games just to halt his incredible career trajectory that was occurring without actually playing a game.

He went from encouraging debut to Rising Star candidate to Daniel Wells to Keith Greig to Pele all in 18 months. Had he stayed off a bit longer, he probably would've ended up out-earning Michael Jordan while heading up NATO.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I'm glad Will came back for a couple of games just to halt his incredible career trajectory that was occurring without actually playing a game.

He went from encouraging debut to Rising Star candidate to Daniel Wells to Keith Greig to Pele all in 18 months. Had he stayed off a bit longer, he probably would've ended up out-earning Michael Jordan while heading up NATO.

Excuse me, I believe that should be to Pele to Keith Greig.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So Turner is just about All Australian by now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back