Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

And still haven’t seen many changes in that area at our club? Maybe one?

Another thing with our s&c is that in previous years they were the ones that made the ultimate call on players fitness/availability, and we have all seen how that did wonders for our injury list... That is being changed.

Another thing with our s&c is that in previous years they were the ones that made the ultimate call on players fitness/availability, and we have all seen how that did wonders for our injury list... That is being changed.

Interesting. Surely such calls are still going to be made by medical people, though?

It's like every time something good happens, certain folks gravitate to the next best negative option.

Will hasn't been delisted folks, Jed has re-signed & trade period is over.

If the club is holding out it's because of list placements (which the AFL haven't finalised yet). Will & EVW might have to go to the rookie list yet.

Just. Chill.

I get the feeling both WW and EVW are relevant to our speculated draft pick swaps too....you can only have as many draft picks on the night as positions available on your list, I believe......or that’s the way I understand it. Could be wrong, it if we do that GC pick swap, for example, all of a sudden we’ve got 8-9 draft picks on draft night.

I’m a fan of both, also JS mentioned in his presser that he and WW were at the club doing extras yesterday.
youd think he expects to stay.

This certainly helps his cause.

I get the feeling both WW and EVW are relevant to our speculated draft pick swaps too....you can only have as many draft picks on the night as positions available on your list, I believe......or that’s the way I understand it. Could be wrong, it if we do that GC pick swap, for example, all of a sudden we’ve got 8-9 draft picks on draft night.
They've tweaked the rules this year because they took so long to finalise the numbers. This year only, you need enough free list spots as if the lists were 40 instead of 38. So all the clubs have 2 up their sleeves and shouldn't be an issue.

They've tweaked the rules this year because they took so long to finalise the numbers. This year only, you need enough free list spots as if the lists were 40 instead of 38. So all the clubs have 2 up their sleeves and shouldn't be an issue.
So does that mean on draft night we could decide to draft another kid and one of them gets let go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does that mean on draft night we could decide to draft another kid and one of them gets let go?
I guess so. Was thinking more that it was a bit weird they were still holding those two spots open with that rule change. It’s hard to see anything in the DFA market or arse end of the draft that’s a better option than keeping WW and EVW.

Was looking at players we’ve now locked in for contract. The number is 33. With maximum list sizes being cut to 44 and senior list sizes now being confirmed as between 36-38 I’d say that Will’s best chance of staying on the list now is as a rookie. With six selections currently available in the draft you’d have to think we use at least 4 of those. I’m not sure the club would be looking to maximise the senior list number if they don’t have to.

Of course they would then have to decide how much they want Will because there’s always the chance another club picks him up. As I’ve said repeatedly I would be stunned if they don’t offer him a contract however the numbers aren’t currently in his favour.

Was looking at players we’ve now locked in for contract. The number is 33. With maximum list sizes being cut to 44 and senior list sizes now being confirmed as between 36-38 I’d say that Will’s best chance of staying on the list now is as a rookie. With six selections currently available in the draft you’d have to think we use at least 4 of those. I’m not sure the club would be looking to maximise the senior list number if they don’t have to.

Of course they would then have to decide how much they want Will because there’s always the chance another club picks him up. As I’ve said repeatedly I would be stunned if they don’t offer him a contract however the numbers aren’t currently in his favour.

If we're going with 4 in the draft then I'd still rather Will over a random pick #39

Clayton has mentioned taking 5 a couple of times. That would take us to 36 on the list with 2 rookies.

I suspect the club rates Will a bit higher than some do here. If he's cut sure bump this post.

Has shown quite a bit when fit and still very much in the age bracket we want.

Not sure how much you can read in to these things but the club posted a competition on the website today asking which of Dumont or Walker covered the most distance in a single game this year. Would seem a bit odd to use his image and give him a wrap if they were about to delist him. For what it's worth I'm fairly sure it was Will who covered the most distance in a single game this season.

Not sure how much you can read in to these things but the club posted a competition on the website today asking which of Dumont or Walker covered the most distance in a single game this year. Would seem a bit odd to use his image and give him a wrap if they were about to delist him. For what it's worth I'm fairly sure it was Will who covered the most distance in a single game this season.
13.7km against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back