Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

Why doesn’t he have a contract like the other 30 odd players on our list? I’m not saying he won’t get another year, but if he was rated highly internally he wouldn’t be unsigned.

There is difference between rated and not rated.

Will I suspect is still in the middle after a year of massive change, Covid issues, and his injuries

If was not rated he would already be gone imo.

Why doesn’t he have a contract like the other 30 odd players on our list? I’m not saying he won’t get another year, but if he was rated highly internally he wouldn’t be unsigned.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the absence of other information, you just can't reach that conclusion.

In the absence of a contract offer I can.

Logic fail. You have concluded that the lack of public confirmation of contract status = he is not rated highly internally. Sorry mate, it doesn't.

My view is that your conclusion is unlikely to be accurate because there are other issues at play, which neither you nor I are aware of. So, your conclusion is only one of a range of plausible explanations.

There is difference between rated and not rated.

Will I suspect is still in the middle after a year of massive change, Covid issues, and his injuries

If was not rated he would already be gone imo.

Obviously there is a difference “between rated and not rated.”

Again if he was rated he would be signed in my opinion. Every player went through the same difficulties this year and it looks as though his injuries are behind him. I haven’t heard anything about him struggling in the hub and he seemed pretty upbeat about overcoming the knee injury he had for an extended time. To me it’s about ability and the fact he is unsigned at this stage indicates to me he isn’t a high priority.

I really hope he gets another year by the way.

Logic fail. You have concluded that the lack of public confirmation of contract status = he is not rated highly internally. Sorry mate, it doesn't.

My view is that your conclusion is unlikely to be accurate because there are other issues at play, which neither you nor I are aware of. So, your conclusion is only one of a range of plausible explanations.

Logically not being signed this late in the year to me suggests he isn’t highly rated, yes. I think most people joining the dots would come to that conclusion.

What makes your conclusion more worthy than mine? You have no information to suggest “other issues” are at play.

Logically not being signed this late in the year to me suggests he isn’t highly rated, yes. I think most people joining the dots would come to that conclusion.

What makes your conclusion more worthy than mine? You have no information to suggest “other issues” are at play.

The difference is that I haven't reached a conclusion because we don't have all the facts. You have concluded in absence of all the facts.

It's naïve to think that there is only one relevant fact - no public confirmation of a contract. To be in the position of no contract but not delisted strongly suggests there is more going on ("other issues"). It could be as simple as waiting for confirmation of list formalities and lining up drafting strategy.

Why doesn’t he have a contract like the other 30 odd players on our list?

I heard he went out for a training run and they're waiting for him to get back to sign the contract.

He turned around at Mildura and is just heading past Birchip at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference is that I haven't reached a conclusion because we don't have all the facts. You have concluded in absence of all the facts.

It's naïve to think that there is only one relevant fact - no public confirmation of a contract. To be in the position of no contract but not delisted strongly suggests there is more going on ("other issues"). It could be as simple as waiting for confirmation of list formalities and lining up drafting strategy.

You have drawn a conclusion that “there are other issues at play, which neither you nor I are aware of” which have placed him unsigned. How is that any different to the conclusion I have forecast. You have based that off “absence of facts” as have I.

At least my point of view shows some merit and precedence to players in the past. Players who have not been offered a contract this late in the year are clearly on the outer.

Last edited:
You have drawn a conclusion that “there are other issues at play, which neither you nor I are aware of” which have placed him unsigned. How is that any different to the conclusion I have forecast. You have based that off “absence of facts” as have I.

At least my point of view shows some merit and precedence to players in the past. Players who have not been offered a contract this late in the year are clearly on the outer.

There is a chance that they have made a commitment to Will that he will be on the list next year but they needed to wait until all the details around list size, structure, and rules from the AFL were clearly understood before they could confirm whether that is on the main list or as a rookie. Given the announcement yesterday from the AFL about being able to rookie two players directly from the main list without going to the draft if nothing were to be formalised for Will or EVW in the next few days it may not look good for them.
Personally, I really hope that Will does keep his spot as I have been impressed with what I have seen and would think he is a far better bet than the 80th pick in the draft.

People definitely seem to have grown an emotional attachment to Will.

I hope he stays but his reputation has possibly outgrown reality a little.

It's the way with most kids on the list.

If he has another bad run next year then many of the same folks will write him off based on no real change of circumstances.

When is the cutoff date for his & EVW's listing?

November 30th?
Yeah.

Wednesday, November 25
- List Lodgement 1
- Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son Players Lodged
- Nomination of Draft Eligible Northern & NGA Academy Players Lodged

Thursday, November 26
- AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences

Sunday, November 29
- AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes

Monday, November 30
- List Lodgement 2
- Out of Contract Listed AFL Primary List Players Draft Nomination Form and Player Request for Removal from List Form Lodged with AFL
- Final date for Primary List delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back