Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon there's 3 "known's" currently, the clubs knows, Walker knows and ya'll know- he'll be delisted and gone at seasons end.

Four knowns - I know the club stuffed a quality kid's career.

(There you Frank Thring you sook)

I'm not saying they didn't but how did they stuff his career?

They completely mismanaged his injury. Ruined him. Ruined his key attributes.

Kid was playing senior footy in his first year, gets injured, we butcher him, here we are.

IF at pick 23 you draft a guy with the expectation he is multiple years away and he is already playing good senior footy in his debut season...

THEN don't blame me if I am thinking of a potential AFL equivalent to Giannis. When 3 years later that same player can't even be named an emergency in arguably the worst non-expansion AFL side of my lifetime, serious questions should be asked as to what went wrong.

Watching him is probably the worst part of watching the VFL at the moment because it seems to encapsulate everything that has gone wrong over the last few seasons in terms of player development, injury management and team psychology.

I'm not saying they didn't but how did they stuff his career? Yes Saunders all but destroyed us in many ways while taking 800k PA.
800k??!

No wonder we have work experience kids on as team docs and over paid s&c sorting our injuries...

Ffs.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We always treat injuries like it's a matter of time off, nothing more, but the reality is that many players never 100% get over injuries.

No shortage of players that get back but are never quite the same. Makes it even worse that we tend to cop a heap of injuries to our youth
The curse of jisse w sm.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A reference to his High School motto? Based on our selectors opinions of him, he’ll be heading back to play with their Amo’s team next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Certainly is a reference. Let's hope he doesn't go to law school and investigate suing us for how we mismanaged his injury.

Certainly is a reference. Let's hope he doesn't go to law school and investigate suing us for how we mismanaged his injury.
I sort of want him to. We can’t keep cheapening out on medical and conditioning staff, all for the sake of turning over a profit each year.

I sort of want him to. We can’t keep cheapening out on medical and conditioning staff, all for the sake of turning over a profit each year.

Nah we're addressing it via Unglik on the board. Shitty injury management happens even at the best resourced clubs.

But jeez did it stuff Will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back